Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: My Completed builds

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Looks great!

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Thanks guys! Hopefully I can get some time soon to finish some more.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Added some picures of my new Franken pistol.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Nice looking build, let us know how it functions.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Added a Romanian RPK today. Will try to get a range report for these new ones next week.

thanks,
    Pat

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Post Nice..

Quote Originally Posted by patjsimpson View Post
    Added some picures of my new Franken pistol.
    Pat that came out real real nice.. Yup you got the fever..
    Looks like you have an AMD flash suppressor on there.
    If you like it and it works then that is great.
    But check our sponsors and look at you options for bird cage suppressors.
    Might be able to take a little weight off the front end with a smaller suppressor, if you want that.
    I really expected a strong recoil on those shorties, but found it to be on the mild side.
    Guess by the time the pressure build up it is coming out the front in a searing hot flame.
    Give us a range report please. Great builds.
    Yup you got the fever.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Pat -great looking builds-

Juggling three builds at once - 2 folders and a Cold Steel 80%-

As much as I have been disappointed in the 80% from Cold Steel - I was going to sell it - but I got a crazy notion and 'mic'd out all the holes and went forward with a build

- Even though I am still unhappy with the AK-74 style safety selector rear dimple (my safety selector rear pin rises about 1/8" above the dimple ( despite - the reasoning of CSS- that the dimple was necessary to engage the back of the selector pin) -and looking past being lied to several times - and a five week delay ( past the original promised delivery date) -- I proceed with the build - - I doubt that I will ever buy another CSS product - the Customer Service - out right sucks - Sorry not trying to thread crap -

But the poor customer service, one week replies to questions, and the extra elbow grease and time, enegy and effort, to correct the problems with the CSS 80% blank, were not worth the delays or headaches - when I compare the price of the 80% blank and shipping and then add the price of rails - it was only about $10-$15 more to order a NoDakSpuds Premium Receiver.

[/RANT OFF]

- Sorry to digress and vent - still a sore issue for me- the outright arrogant attitude - from CSS Customer No-Sorry-Your-SOL-Service .

While my elbow grease and some of my ingenuity (and hours of Googling) has fixed many of the CSS flaw's - I would not repeat this again - unless I had no other options.

FYI- for those that have found this through a "Googling"
    Ignore the Blueprints, and if you chose to have the Receiver hole punched by CSS - Ignore them and measure them and re-punch them for your self. - the Specs and blue prints are completely wrong and off by a mile- - if you have access to a correct build - measure off it instead -

If I followed the Blueprints supplied by CSS ( I did ultimately use a set from Pookies website) - My Mags- would have never fit correctly - The main issue with the Blue prints supplied - are the location of the center support hole ( Thus an issue with loading mags) -

I will recommend that if you do move forward with CSS for some reason ( Only one I can think of is that they are they only ones with 1.5MM receivers for some builds) - is to just buy the bent blank - and buy your rails, rivets and center support from AKBuilder - ( you will have to file or grind the center support tube to fit the smaller inner dimensions of the CSS 1.5MM Receiver).

- I am disappointed in the inconsistency of the CSS blank - - I mic'd much of the receiver - it was anywhere from 0.62 - 0.67 instead of an expected 0.64 across the board.

[/Rant off AGAIN] - I guess I am still pissed 90 days latter, I think more so with the Attitude of the response - than even the actual product.

MHO and .02 Cents

-
    Digressing - Pat - I think that I read that you bought a CSS 80% - I did'nt see it included in the build list - I was just curious on your input - Did you build on it?

Thanks and Sorry for the Rant--

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Hehe... rant away. I have not beey to happy with the Cold Steel blanks that I received so they have been sitting on the shelf. I compared the dimentions to the NDS-7 I had and it was definately not the same. I was a little frusterated and I may some day build on them but I am not moving fast to do so ;-) Thanks for the info about the their templates... bit of a bummer as those are impossible to find for Yougo Receivers.

While I am here I might as well give the range report.

I got the chance to take the Franken74 an the Romanian RPK to the range last week and they both shot great. It is amazing how much muzzle blast you get when shooting those short AK Pistols. I can't imagine what it would be like if you had a 3 inch barrel like some have made.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by patjsimpson View Post
    I got the chance to take the Franken74 an the Romanian RPK to the range last week and they both shot great. It is amazing how much muzzle blast you get when shooting those short AK Pistols. I can't imagine what it would be like if you had a 3 inch barrel like some have made.
    Thanks for the input- glad to see that - I am not the only one-

as to muzzle blast with the Pistol builds - I have tested these on an 8" build the Vortex is very effective (a little spendy -but does what it is designed to do ( on a 8" barrel -even though it is meant for a 16" barrel).

These are nice and stoutly built -Hefty is a good word to use. About twice as thick as most of the muzzle brake on the market.

I am curious as to how effective it is on the sub 8" barrels.

Any pistol's with a Vortex under the 8" out their?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.