Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A few of my first builds

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Nodak finally sent my receiver so this one got sorta completed last weekend. Wanted to finish the hand guards but due to a recent illness that's going to be out of my reach for a little while. Will post some more of my projects once I get well.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Sorry to hear about the illness, thinking the best for you.

Thanks for the pic of the hybrid build.
    How about some details, I see the AMD65 folder & pistol grip and guessing the hand guards are Hungarian too. What kit did you use?
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    Sorry to hear about the illness, thinking the best for you.

Thanks for the pic of the hybrid build.
    How about some details, I see the AMD65 folder & pistol grip and guessing the hand guards are Hungarian too. What kit did you use?
    I used a numbers matching amd kit minus barrel from jg sales, used a romanian barrel from centerfire. Also used a romanian lower hand guard retainer and gas tube.The amd gas block even though pinned in the same spot as the original romy sits further back. The gas port hole is in the same spot though. I ended up trimming a little off the front and rear of the romy gas tube to make it fit. The hungarian upper and lower hg /pistol grip wood was purchased from copes. My kit had the plasic hg's but those just didnt give the look I try to acheive when building a rifle.

For my us compliance parts I used a nds-65, tapco g2 trigger, tapco gas piston w/ak builder rivet and a tapco slant brake.

I also used ak builder rivets and his rivet jig's for the complete rivet work.On a harbor frieight 12 ton press.I will be switching over to a plinker style jig in the future because they seem to not have the flex the ak builder rivet tool has when forming the long rivets.

I have a few amd-65's and never really liked the lower hg on them. I guess I am just a little to old school. For some reason though these past few weeks I have been drawn to hungarian wood and guns. I have a few amms builds 2 uf's and one fixed stock I will be building up hopefully in the next month or so.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Thanks for the info, I'm sure others will like it too.

Yeah those AMD65s sure are ugly, but that's what makes them interesting to some.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.