Thread: 7.62x25 builds

Feedback Score

Default 7.62x25 builds

Hey guys, I know there has been a number of 7.62x25 builds now, some blowback and some gas operated. I was wondering if anyone has chronographed the rounds from their builds. I never chonographed my blowback build, but if I purchase a chrony to replace the one I sold I'll do it. I'm just wondering if guys are getting more velocity from the gas operated guns. Since many guys added some weight to their bolts on blowback guns I wonder if there is any difference at all. Just wondering, I have another 7.62x25 barrel I cut to romy specs from a 1919 .308 barrel and if the velocity difference is great enough, I'll build a gas operated gun. I love my blowback gun though, took me a while to get the drums and mags running perfect, sure is fun dumping 70 rnds without a hitch.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

ive just never got around to doing the dedicated AK for these..

i want to, but man theres just too many builds happening at the same time.

be sure to post what you do for me bro!
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by acmech View Post
    Hey guys, I know there has been a number of 7.62x25 builds now, some blowback and some gas operated. I was wondering if anyone has chronographed the rounds from their builds. I never chonographed my blowback build, but if I purchase a chrony to replace the one I sold I'll do it. I'm just wondering if guys are getting more velocity from the gas operated guns. Since many guys added some weight to their bolts on blowback guns I wonder if there is any difference at all. Just wondering, I have another 7.62x25 barrel I cut to romy specs from a 1919 .308 barrel and if the velocity difference is great enough, I'll build a gas operated gun. I love my blowback gun though, took me a while to get the drums and mags running perfect, sure is fun dumping 70 rnds without a hitch.

hey acmech post a tutorial on how you built your x25 blowback AK!
    I would like to do the same build and need some instruction.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.