Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: M70 milled build, 56k warning got some pics

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by hcpookie View Post
    Are those shoes 922 compliant?
    Hey man, I'm willing to spend a few extra $ on compliance parts if it saves my ass in more ways than 1.
    Also, no. They are chinese.
    Quote Originally Posted by hcpookie View Post
    Actually that sling swivel *IS* on the correct side. Were it on the left side, you couldn't fold it closed.
    I meant to use it as a shooting sling, rather than a carrying sling. I'll have to figure something out once I get it together as far as a sling mounding point.

Feedback Score

Nice build. I wish i could weld well enough to weld up one of those receivers.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbba View Post
    Nice build. I wish i could weld well enough to weld up one of those receivers.
    You ain't even gotta weld all that good. There is not much force on the welds, not like rewelding an FAL or something.

Feedback Score

Got the stock on and stuff, more pics.

It is a bit wobbly, but I only meant this hinge as a "get the stock on there, fix it later" sorta thing. Always time to do it right the second time.

Besides, it sits too high and makes sighting painful on your cheek...

Muttman, I got a picture of the adaptor, I just welded a washer onto a 1/4x20 nut. I'm surprised it is as stable as it is, but it works.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

way to go I like the ingenuity. Its great you are getting started so young! so whats the source of those $30 triangle folders, I am guessing its airsoft how sturdy is the unit?

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 65cobra View Post
    way to go I like the ingenuity. Its great you are getting started so young! so whats the source of those $30 triangle folders, I am guessing its airsoft how sturdy is the unit?
    Thanks.
    It is plenty sturdy, I just rebuilt the hinge mechanism again to be a lot less sloppy, and it is pretty great, still needs more refinement though. I could probably make them and sell them for $100 reasonably.

Got the stock from "gunner airsoft" though it took I think 20 days to get here... Look around for other possible stores, or maybe direct from the factory... The "Dboys" brand is the one I got and it is all steel construction.

Still gotta make a latch to hold it forward, but that's the easy part, hopefully I'll get to test fire it soon. I haven't done the headspace on it, but it is matching # and I haven't messed with the barrel at all. Enough of the case goes in to be fully supported like any other AK, so I'm assuming the worst that could happen headspace wise is I wreck a few cases from stretching.

The test fire will be at arms length with the axis of the bore away from my face [the thick side plates of the receiver will probably deflect any bits of blown up bolt]... Gotta get to the range soon.

Feedback Score

after looking over the second set of photos, I eye balled the mag catch nice job.
    muttman

Feedback Score

New pics, sandblasted and blued it, still gotta figure out a safety...

I ground the weld out of the lightening cut with a 3" "air powered cutoff wheel" tool, and blasted it to hide the wavy sideplates. Shoulda parked it, but I don't have my park solution figured out yet...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.