Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Polish Twins.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vczar1 View Post
    how they shoot?
    What I do after building is take them across the street in the swamp and run through about two mags.
    Some time back I was thinking about building some type of barrel to compensate for the noise. Kernel was giving me some ideas on one.
    But if I walk in the swamp there is a hollow area there. Just have to keep my eyes open for rattle snakes.
    Very few neighbors here. If any are around I invite them to shoot. Solved the problem of disturbing the neighbors.
    Accuracy I do not know. But them always seem a little stiff after I build these AKs.
    About 40 or so rounds seems to smooth everything out.
    Last edited by 4thIDvet; 12-03-2009 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Add
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

4th, I just recently built 2 Polish Underfolders too. One for myself and one for a buddy. Both of them had EXTREMELY tight upper handguards. I got the one off my buddy's gas tube after about 1/2 an hour. Mine took about 2 hours spread over about 3 days. I finally got it though. Then I shaved it down in the right spots to make it go back on easier. It's still stiff, but workable. The way I finally got it off of the gas tube was to wrap a soft rag around it, and as gently as possible squeeze it in the vise from the sides with the bottom facing up. Then turned the gas tube with a 12" adjustable wrench. It still took awhile, and I'm kinda suprised that I didn't crack the wood, but it came off without any damage.

You did a good job on those 2. They look great. My buddy's turned out perfect, but I messed up 2 front trunnion rivets on mine. I was driving the barrel pin back out because I had borrowed one from an M70 kit while I was waiting for a new one to come in, and was swapping them out. I really need to pull the barrel and replace them, but I've been lazy.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Post Thank you 2ndAmendican

Know what you mean about the wood on these. Oh God was the upper frozen. I have broken so many trying to get that damn wood off I said to hell with it and just left it be.
    Probably could have worked it loose but I have no patience and would have heaved the damn thing in the canal if it broke.
    Been watching different post on guys having trouble with the barrel pin. I use AK-builders tool and put the 12 ton press to them.
    Couple sounded like a bomb going off when they busted loose, but they all come out.
    Good design Curtis has there. The tool has a rivet recess when lined up properly so as not to damage the rivets.
    Canted front sights were also mentioned. Both these sights are slightly canted, I just noticed.
    Strange they put so much quality into the construction of the Polish AKs. and have a somewhat pattern of canted front sites.
    I used NDS receivers and they really fell together in construction.
    Couple of little fubars "esthetically" here and there. But cycles and fires fine.
    Always put the good side to the camera when taking pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 4thIDvet; 12-22-2009 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Picture.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

Very nice work; they look great.

BK

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

those poles are very nice...I always wanted a polish uf when I got into building AK's but at the time the price was high and I just got a cpl romy g's instead and a cpl zastava m90's in .223 which are very nice.

have fun with your girls there, they are beautiful!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BIG 54R View Post
    those poles are very nice...I always wanted a polish uf when I got into building AK's but at the time the price was high and I just got a cpl romy g's instead and a cpl zastava m90's in .223 which are very nice.

have fun with your girls there, they are beautiful!
    Your up late. You waiting for Santa.
    Yes I know what you mean. I really wish I grabbed more of the Polish AKs back in the day.
    I grabbed a lot of the Hungarians but skipped over the Polish. If we only knew.
    The zastavas also are real nice. Merry X Mas.

Feedback Score

very nice good work

Feedback Score

Very nice! Keep up the good work!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

what model would these polish be?? pmkms? Nice work

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

super nice work !!
    shure glad I got my kits when they were 149
    I guess remembering that alone now makes me too old... LOL
    I am off the page for extended times due to job requirements, not gone forever

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.