Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1st build Romy G & NDS-3, with targets

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

^^^ ammo does have alot to do with it but i'm sure you'll get better as you plink more and focus on the getting the best accuracy out of the rifle and the ammo that you use.

I've alway's felt AK accuracy was not as bad as some say and not as good as one would wan't after all it isn't an AR and it does it's intended job very well.

great looking build, certainly more tlc went into it than my 1st Romy G build!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

^^^ ammo does have alot to do with it but i'm sure you'll get better as you plink more and focus on the getting the best accuracy out of the rifle and the ammo that you use.

I've alway's felt AK accuracy was not as bad as some say and not as good as one would wan't after all it isn't an AR and it does it's intended job very well.

great looking build, certainly more tlc went into it than my 1st Romy G build!
    I really wish more guys would try good ammo and and at least a better iron sight on there guns. the accuracy on these is actually pretty good. All of my AK,s including my 12" pistol will shoot under 1.5" 5 shot groups with faactory barrels Good ammo (handloads) and trigger work. i have several rifles in various caliburs including 7.62x39 with non original barrels that will shoot under 3/4" and a couple that have shot under
    1/2". my varmit build will put 10 shots into a 1.5" group at 200 yards as fast as I can shoot it and aim it properly. the bolt, carrier, and reciver are nothing special.
    I have shoot Praire dogs out to 250 yards with a 7.62x39 12.25"stock barrel pistol. it has big scope and trigger work nothing else.

IMOO the poor accuracy reputation claims come from guys that initaly shot cheap $1.50 box crap surplus and wolf type ammo using the poor combat quick aquire sights and the millitary extreamy bad trigger designed for full auto usage.

Comparing a Basterised full auto, rereciverd, cobate weapon to a commercaily made AR 15 bassed weapon is really not a apples to apples comparison. A large percentage of AR,s dont have a military chamber they have a 223 chamber that is made clearanced for non combare useage they have triggers way better than the original m16. most have some upgrade of the original sighting system and there is much better ammo in 223 avaliable. You dont hear many AR owners bragging about the accuracy of there rifles with a light original m16 barrel, shooting original sights and using wolf or other steel cassed ammo. You sure the hell dont here them bragging about the accuracy shooting a 5.45 upper or a 7.62x39 upper even though those uppers all have tighter than AK spec chambers.

The whole Its a AK its not susposed to be accurate line has done nothing but hurt this gun in the eyes of sportsmen and law makers as the commonly heard reply is there not good foranything but killing people.

A AK based rifle can do anything a AR Bassed rifle can if set up properly.

There are likely 50 companys making accurate custom barrels and uppers for the AR so these rifles get good reviews. and there is a endless amount of dodads to help there accuracy. The AK has pretty much no commercial support for a custom target barrel and there is still not a decent scope mount on the market that is any good and at last count there were two adjustable trigger for the gun that are so so in performance.

with the number of Barreless lits coming on the market I am truely supprised that there is not any companys selling custom target barrels and barrel componets to fit those them. with a $125 barrelless kit and a barrel made from a decent quality blank a very accurate AK can be built for around $450 or less that will out shot most $650 AR,s with the cheaper barrels and componets.

Hell my AMD pistol will out shoot my fancy remington 700 30-06 at 100yards when shooting remington ammo.

Feedback Score

Removing my posts. Good bye !!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Cragar; 02-08-2010 at 03:27 AM. Reason: removing my posts

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

AK vs AR accuracy, alright, you asked for it....
    I had to see for myself so I had my very own

AR vs. AK shoot-out

Les Combattants
    Those groups dont tell me a lot. truth fully If my AK,s that I hunt with were as bad as the AR group id fugure out why. Can you shot your AR better certainly but Why? is the inhareted accuracy the differance or the non inharted factor that is the abilty by a human to shot them as well??

You still are shooting with open sights at a 100 yards. there is no argument that the sites suck on a AK but you really havent found out what either gun is capable of. I bet that AR group would shrink considerably if shot with optics.

you shot the AK with crap wolf ammo that about as bad as it gets and you shot the AR with better quality federal ammo that is way better in quality than any of the steel cased wolf stuff. I have pulled wolf componets apart and weighed them I have seen powder vary by 15% and bullet weights all over the place in 7.62x39. My 223 build that can do sub 1/2" will barely do 2" with wolf.
    The 223 is going about 3200 FPS and the 7.62 is going 2300 FPS there is a lot of differance. The reciol of the two vary considerably as well further affecting the human factor.

What will that AR do with optics on it to take away much of the human factor? what will the AK with quality ammo and optics??

Here is what my 223 has done and yes it is very modifed but its still got a stamped reciver and a factory bolt and carrier. the pair of targets is at 200 yards while adusting the scope to center the impact. had the scope not been touched it would have been even better.

Id like to see a 7.62x39 AR upper shot with the same exact ammo or better yet hand loads built up for each gun. to give a true apples to apples comparison of the inhareted accuracy of both guns Id be willing to bet there not that much differance.

Factory AK,s suffer from a very loose chamber Its likely what the major differance is betwen the two. Id likely give the edge to the more percision AR if both had developed ammo good scopes and trigggers. but if were both fitted with identical chamberd barrels and ammo I think it would be a very tight race. The gas systems and barrel profiles and whats hanging on the barrel would be the deciding factors.

How ever if 50 companys were making AK barrels and staking there repution on the accuracy of them id say all bets would be off.

I really dont see what all the hype is with the AR its got a reciver/upper and barrel made of dissimlar metals that expand and contract at differant rates as they heat up. the barrel has weirld goofy steps that cant be great for harmonics. The gun has a rep for failing at the worst time.

I have one and it shoots fine its a basic bush master nothing trick and it is not as accurate s my custom AKs its about a 1.5"gun with its light barrel it has optics BTW it would be fine for a combat weapon in the accuracy deprtment. I have a few AK,s with factory barrels that will beat it with carefull hand loading.

I would not be suprised if a custom AK with a milled reciver made to percision tollerances and improved bolt carrier fit could no best even the best AR,s . the AR platform is one of the most researched and developed guns in compition and in varmit hunting in th last 20 years. The AK has has almost zero development done on them. I have had a custom barrel 7.62x39 that has litteraly shot one hole at 100 yards. It still ran factory bolt, carrier, reciver clearances. If a guy with a 80 year old lathe and no job can do this then think what a company with some money and time could get out of the platfrom.

I think a American made Variant of the AK platform could be super accurate or at least as accurate as any other auto loader.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I gotta go with biggun on this. Your test was about as unscientific as it comes. Reminds me of the biased crap "tests" you see on idiot shit like Mail Call.

Feedback Score

Alrighty then. I removed all my posts.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Cragar View Post
    Alrighty then. I removed all my posts.
    I wish you wouldn't have. You built a very fine looking Romy G. It was certainly something to be proud of The pictures of it were very easy on the eyes.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Post Damn..

What the heck happened there????
    It's only glass and words coming up.
    I got my old lady bitchin behind me all day, my cats bitin me, my sister calling on the phone hates me.
    Hate mail, the neighbors hate me.
    Then then I just come here and have fun. Geezzz. Sensitive. Hell if I left eveytime people said something I did not like I would have been gone years ago.
    It's only glass and words. Geeez.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Yeah what the hell Cragar, you didn't have to edit all your post in your own thread.

Hell if you don't like what someone is saying, mainly in your own thread, just ask them to stop posting in the thread for what ever reason it is.

I thought you did a great job on your build, your first build at that, and that's what this thread was about.

OH well, whatever
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

dude!!it was lookin good!!
    dont take it harsh man-there just pointing stuff out and not direct insults
    if so just say so and thats it-ignore it
    ive seen pissing matches-quite comical if you ask mebut they subside and move on
    just dont let it discourage you and give up
    brush it off and drive on!!
    Keep the change-I just want my Country back!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.