Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My first re-weld Yugo M70

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Nice work. And you being in CA is a double bonus. Is your rifle top loading, or can the mags be changed?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by voland View Post
    Nice work. And you being in CA is a double bonus. Is your rifle top loading, or can the mags be changed?
    Thank you Sir. She was a blast to build, and a serious kick in the pants to shoot.
    The magazines are removable but only with the use of a tool.

Let me break it down for you:
    SB23 (CA version of the now defunct AWB) says:
    A center fire semi-auto rifle with the ability to accept a detachable magazine cannot have 'evil' features like a pistol grip, forward grip, collapsible stock, or grenade launcher. SB23 also requires that a fixed magazine rifle not be able to hold more than 10 rounds.
    A letter was sent to the CADOJ asking to define what a 'removable magazine' was.
    They replied, "A magazine or ammo feeding device which can be removed from the firearm without the use of a tool, and time".
    They further went on to define a bullet or round as a tool.

The bullet button was born.

So. That rifle has a shroud around the original magazine release that you cannot get your finger in but can get a bullet tip or other small item into to manipulate the magazine release.
    I have also put a pop-rivet in my 30 round rebuild kits to stop the follower at holding no more than 10 rounds.
    Hence this rifle can only accept (technically, and by the DOJ's definition) a 'NON-Removable' magazine since it requires a tool to remove.

I wear my 'tool' around my wrist on my right arm on a short lanyard. If I drop my right arm the tool falls right into my grasp. I work the mag release, and change mags. Now back to shooting!

In action on one of my ARs.

BINGO!
    I can have all the 'evil' features, and still be within the 'letter' of the law.

Hey, They wrote the rules. We just found a way to abide by the 'rules' and still have our Yugo M70 underfolders.
    Last edited by nicoroshi; 03-06-2010 at 07:49 PM.

Feedback Score
    74 (100%)

Great job on the reweld! You do good work.
    Buy your US made AK-47 compliance parts here.
    Best price on US made AK parts! also $5 flat rate shipping .
    http://www.rcmgunparts.com/

Feedback Score

Very good job..Glad to see evidence of the hobby thriving in that state.

Feedback Score

nicoroshi - Are there plans for the bullet button on the m70? If not where can you get one?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Bullet button? What's that?
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lndncr2 View Post
    nicoroshi - Are there plans for the bullet button on the m70? If not where can you get one?
    Plans?
    Not really but pretty easy to figure out.
    I made mine using a piece of tube steel, a 3/8 nut, a 3/8 set screw, and a dremel based on the design by JumboPanda.

All AK bullet buttons will work on any model AK so they're not make/model specific.

The current 'cat's meow' for AK bullet buttons in CA is the solar tactical design >>>SOLAR TACTICAL AK BULLET BUTTON - SOLAR TACTICAL

Feedback Score

Thanks for pictures. Looks pretty easy to fabricate.

Feedback Score

Nice looking build. Not sure that I could handle the requirements on guns for living in California.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by welldog View Post
    Nice looking build. Not sure that I could handle the requirements on guns for living in California.
    I hear ya brother.
    Not easy for me to handle either but I was born, and raised here. I also make more money here in my trade than I could anywhere else but New York (and we won't talk about their laws).
    I do however dream of (and am actively fighting for) the day that I can have regular capacity mags, and remove the idiotic bullet button.
    The good news is the bullet button is easily removed, and didn't change anything on the rifle so when that day comes it shall be easy to de-neuter all my centerfire semi-auto rifles.

And to think that before the bullet button a rifle like this in CA would have been only a dream for me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.