Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rommy G silver n black attack

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Default Rommy G silver n black attack

helped a buddy get this rust rommy kit done tonight. Bent Tapco with plug welded rails, G2 trigger, Chinese drum, fiber force stock and Hand guard, screw build, nothing special but it has a interesting look with the contasting colors. I havent done a normal build in a while to I thought Id post it. shot great first try out. I havent shot it at paper to see what it does for accuracy likely never will as owner who bent the reciver will be taking away.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score

I kind of like it!

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

looks good. I wonder if the barrel was the same color as the receiver would it make it contrast even better with the black?
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Smile Cool

Quote Originally Posted by sniper69 View Post
    looks good. I wonder if the barrel was the same color as the receiver would it make it contrast even better with the black?
    Haa Ha. I started a trend. Cool. I like it. Vampire killers. They are scared to death of silver.

Sorry to hijack the thread. But Sniper. How the heck yah doing Bro. I E-mailed you. Did you get my E-Mail.
    You better not be hanging out in those German bars. You leave that to us pros. You dont drink.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    Haa Ha. I started a trend. Cool. I like it. Vampire killers. They are scared to death of silver.

Sorry to hijack the thread. But Sniper. How the heck yah doing Bro. I E-mailed you. Did you get my E-Mail.
    You better not be hanging out in those German bars. You leave that to us pros. You dont drink.

4th - hey bro found 2 emails from you. Damn spam folders, they need to take out the actual spam and not the good stuff. But they are found and in my inbox now. So I'll send an email reply as well.
    As for hanging out in the German bars - i leave that for the young guys, I find it safer to drink at home so I don't have to worry about driving and the Polizei. Besides my fridge has some Hefe weißen and some higher alcohol beer (8%) called Feuerio Tropfen that is made by Eichbaum in Mannheim. I leave bitburg for the guys that like that lighter stuff.

Vampire killers, lol. I like it. I wonder what the nickname would be for that AMD justashooter did a number of years ago that was gold! I have the pic saved here somewhere, lol.

Back on the topic - 1biggun Is the receiver finished or is that the natural metal color?
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

The reciver is bead blasted steel the owner may clear coat it he really likes the bare look. I recomended a stainless or aluminum durakoate or even header paint. I have been looking into electroless nickle at a finish. Gander mountain has it as a finish option in there gun shop.

I am going to try to do a stainless reciver with a drop in trigger housing on my 308 length mag well switch build and was thinking of of doing the trunions an covers ect in nickle. I have over a dozen barrels in differant caliburs that are all stainless steel. Id like to do a all stainless or silver finish on all metal parts build with custom wood for the furniture.

Feedback Score

Now it needs a raiders decal

Feedback Score

Hello 1biggun,
    Keep in mind that the 300 series stainless sheet steel (austenitic stainless) is extremely high friction stuff. Even lots of lube doesn't seem to help much. The 301 and 302 stainless sheet steel is used in restaurant kitchens and counters. As the last two digits go up the nickel content increases as does the metal's hot strength. I have used the 321 and 347 stainless for small jet engine parts. Higher nickel content is usually called nimonic alloy or super alloy and used in today's jet engines. None of this stuff is the trick "stainless" used in firearms.

VD

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Hello 1biggun,
    Keep in mind that the 300 series stainless sheet steel (austenitic stainless) is extremely high friction stuff. Even lots of lube doesn't seem to help much. The 301 and 302 stainless sheet steel is used in restaurant kitchens and counters. As the last two digits go up the nickel content increases as does the metal's hot strength. I have used the 321 and 347 stainless for small jet engine parts. Higher nickel content is usually called nimonic alloy or super alloy and used in today's jet engines. None of this stuff is the trick "stainless" used in firearms.

VD
    Good to know info I have some stuff used for kitchens ect. I never considered the carrier not wanting to slide. I had planed on doing a normal steel ejector and a drop in FCG that would not use holes in the reciver so I would not have deal with temper issues.

The good news it would only cost about $5 to try a stainless reciver. there was a guy making stainless flat about 4 years ago. I never saw anything built on one however. Galling would be bad news.

Feedback Score

Pretty slick looking. Silver is one of my favorite colors, so that gun could easily fit into my closet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.