Gunco Forums banner

AK 7.62x25mm improved.

7K views 60 replies 29 participants last post by  guinness11 
#1 ·

The new aluminum magazine well helps allot.

See less See more
#27 ·
If you're going to do all of that work to a Calico I think a completely from-scratch tubing magazine would be better. Some black ABS pipe to start with and a feed tower.
What about the internals and spring/clutch assembles?
I keep looking at modding a Calico mag because even if you buy the internals from them it costs almost or as much as a complete mag.
Might get lucky and find a mag that has some damage to the shell fairly cheap to use as a donor.

#28 ·
I'll start a thread hijack if I delve into that too deeply, suffice to say that in answer to your question "yes" you'll need to build everything from the ground up. I'll have to find my old Bizon discussion thread to really delve into it more as I don't want to distract from the 7.62x25 feed tower awesomeness :cool:

#30 ·
If you want something to tinker with and not spend a lot of money, you can get the end cap for the mags for $13 + S&H
Calico Light Weapon Systems -
This is the stripped down end where the spring loaded feed lip would go into, you wouldn't need that lip anyway, it wouldn't feed backwards with it in place.

#34 ·
Thanks Jim, now I've got to clean up all the drool off my keyboard !!!!! That is beautiful !!!!!! Daddy wants!!!!!!

#38 ·
this is the 1st I have seen of this thread.
all I can say is wow! that magwell and the builds are awesome!

Are these magwells in production so they can be bought?

It would go good on my slow to progress x25 AK build.
I already have a barrel (needs conturing) and 5.45x39 bolt and carrier.

great work all the way 'round. nice pix.

#39 ·
Are these magwells in production so they can be bought?
It would appear not. I have emailed Jim a couple of times as well as PM'ed him from this board and Ar15.com and got no response from any of those. That plus a couple of members on this thread did ask the same thing and he ignored their questions when he posted afterwards.

Oh Well, it is a kick ass piece and would have made life alot easier. But I understand where he is coming from, he probably wants to keep them for his build services.

#40 ·
yeah i would have no issue buying the bolt and the mag well for a DIY build....

but he isnt seeming to want to sell any of this separate from him doing all the work.

s

#45 ·
Balls, 1biggun did a barrel for me, and it's great. I really like the x25. Pretty hot little round.

#46 ·
I like that x25 also,a good snappy round for sure. It just sucks it's getting scarcer now, pretty much sold off what I had in that chambering cause I like to shoot allot and it just dosen't have consistant enough avalibility for me to keep anything thats chambered for it anymore.

#47 ·
Balls, 1biggun did a barrel for me, and it's great. I really like the x25. Pretty hot little round.
DID YOU EVER GET THAT ALL DONE?? WHAT WAS THE ACCURACY LIKE????

THE ROUND IS FLAT SHOOTING FROM A PISTOL. I WAS SHOOTING A TOKAREV AT SOME PRAIRE DOGS AT AROUND 100 YARDS AN I WAS SHOCKED AT HOW CLOE I WAS GETTING WITH A 4" BARREL. ID HAVE HIT A PERSON PRETTY EASY.

YEA IT REALLY SUCKS AMMO DRIED UP I REALLY WISH I HAD GOTTEN 5000 ROUNDS I JSUT COULD NEVER SWING IT AN NOW IM STUCK. USED TO BE AROUND 8 CENTS TO SHOOT.

#49 ·
No idea. I've heard alot of folks claim they can't get ahold of Jim either by phone or email.

Biggun, sorry I missed your question regarding the barrel you did for me. I haven't really shot for precision with it yet. Only functional test. I was on the paper at 50 yards straight out of the box though. It was hitting inside a 10" circle, and I wasn't really trying for accuracy at all. I would imagine that once I get it back out and use a bench it should be fairly accurate.

#50 ·
last time i ordered from him .... i got my order about 12 weeks later.. no contact, no communications of any type.. no nothing... but it DID show up.

#57 ·
sorry bud i never saw this post.....

his work is really good.

but his communication is really lousy. ive got no clue if he's even still selling the mag adapter it doesnt show up on his site as a purchasable item..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.