Thread: 1st True Build!

Feedback Score

Postak 1st True Build!

I have assembled 5 other AK's from kits, but this was first real build. I chose to use the Marsh Hawk receiver so I wouldn't have to deal with bending a flat. Not as smart of an idea as it sounded. Nothing wrong the Marsh Hawk 80% pre-bent receiver, just a lot of work cutting the rails, mag opening, trigger hole and drilling all the holes.

The donor kit is a Rommie G kit. ATI FiberForce butt stock, UTG quad rail front hand, Tapco G2 trigger, US made RPK FH...other 922r stuff of course

I still have finished it yet because I still need to the scope I want on it. The POS on it now works basicly, but nowhere near what I am putting on her.

The finish will be a Urban Tactic from Duracoat on everything scope included!

Any way I was wanting something different seeing how it's not my first AK, so went the full tricked route...a hunting config if you will.

Made a Ninja Tacticool selector as I call it too.

Here are some pics; before and after:

Here is what I started with, receiver wise:

Seeing some progress:

Just finished the Ninja selector:

The selector ready to go!

She is minutes old here:

This what it looks like now;

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

That looks nice, you sure gave yourself a project on that one.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

Good looking Romanian !!! You did very nice work on that "G" model.
    Did you use a Dremel mototool to carve the receiver openings ?? That can add a lot of work.

VD

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Looks good! You definitely had your work cut out for you.

That style shoulder stock is starting to grow on me. How does it feel when compared to your other AK's??

Feedback Score

Thanks everyone!

Yeah...one build I had done required a bit of work even though it was a 100% receiver...other than that they were all plug and play 100% receivers.

Yes, most of the metal was removed with a dremel tool or large drill bits in a hand drill. I did do a few connect the dots with a hack saw on the mag well. Also; no drill press.

I tack welded the rails in with a mig welder too...

The finish on the receiver is nothing but color from the temper and cold blueing.

I would do one again, if they didn't cost so much, but priced igher than some 100% receiver....just too much.

I am a hand tool guy, so right now I'm modifing a Harbor Freight sheet metal bender to bend flats. I'm pretty sure I have that little muther GTG too. So I'm going to try one with a flat with most of the holes already there.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up

Very nice. Innovative, creative, great job.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.