Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: M76 on a Wise Lite Arms receiver

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Thanks! Yeah... I have been thinking of picking up some of that ammo but I think I would rather go with handloads. I got 400 rounds of boxer primed hirtenberger from a guy when I got two vz-24's. The ammo was essentially free if we go by todays prices on the vz-24's so I have plenty of brass. For the cheap shooting I have lots of 50's yugo, 40's czech and even have a little turkish 8mm surplus.

pat

Feedback Score

I have ran into the primer leaking and etching the bolt face with the 50s yugo, haven't shot any of my Czech yet but most of my ammo is 1952. I have seen people break down the yugo and weight sort it and reload it into new brass with reliable primers. Personally I wouldn't want to run turk in such a nice rifle.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

That is good to know about the turkish... I only have about 300 rounds of the stuff and can shoot it in my vz24. That is a bummer about the yugo as I have a ton of it. What is the best surplus 8mm you have used?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Very nice! I was trying to get through to ORF to order their kit and receiver package but they closed up before I could contact them.

Feedback Score

The 70s yugo is nice, the yugo sniper was also nice but is a bit pricey now. I have some romanian haven't got to shoot any yet, but it is steal case so I don't expect much from it. I never got a hold of any but the Portugese surplus is supposed to be nice. There isn't many 8mm mauser surplus types on the market right now. J&G and century have the yugo sniper surplus but it is a bit on the high side. 8mm Yugo M75 Sniper ammo, 15 round boxes.
    Century yugo m75 sniper

About the cheapest way would be to breakdown the 50s yugo and reuse the components. Shown in this blog Carteach0: Pulling down surplus for the components.... it's easy!
    Loading using the components. Carteach0: 8x57mm Match ammo..... sort of

In this thread there is some information on the yugo sniper 8mm.
    http://www.gunco.net/forums/f210/m76...er-ammo-52640/
    Last edited by mrtank; 05-30-2010 at 03:24 PM.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by zoom6zoom View Post
    Very nice! I was trying to get through to ORF to order their kit and receiver package but they closed up before I could contact them.
    I know how you feel I ordered some things on there web page a bit ago and I have a feeling it won't be going through... This thread makes me wish I was a bit quicker with my order.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

I actually got time to go shoot it this weekend and it lost headspace after 3 shots so I will need to space it again and then oversize the pin I think. It shot great for the first 3 rounds but then ripped a chunck out of the extractor rim trying to pull the 4th round. I needed to use a cleaning rod to tap it out and then checked headspace and found that it was closing on the nogo gauge.

Feedback Score

Sweet build, Love those things.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.