ak 74 and new grip for my akm

Thread: ak 74 and new grip for my akm

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default ak 74 and new grip for my akm

hey guys finally i was able to take some decent pictures with my wife's camera, just finished a 74 yesterday, well i still need to pin the barrel parts, heat treat it and paint it but i am excited hehe, oh and the black pistol grip is a ronin grip i need to get another brown one for it. also i made modded a german wood lower hg to mount pistol grips, i saw some pictures over on the ak forum of an ak the stasi used so that was my inspiration, i put it on my not yet sbred mpi-kms72s clone.

enjoy

"Always forwards, never backwards." Erich Honecker

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by jreifsch80 View Post
    hey guys finally i was able to take some decent pictures with my wife's camera, just finished a 74 yesterday, well i still need to pin the barrel parts, heat treat it and paint it but i am excited hehe, oh and the black pistol grip is a ronin grip i need to get another brown one for it. also i made modded a german wood lower hg to mount pistol grips, i saw some pictures over on the ak forum of an ak the stasi used so that was my inspiration, i put it on my not yet sbred mpi-kms72s clone.

enjoy

They look sweet. I like your innovation withthat forward pistol grip. BTW if you need a compliance pistol grip Tapco now makes an imitation orange bakelite one that would be close to your original 74.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Nice
    Check Gunbroker for a seller named "What", he used to have some of that german funiture and might have a grip.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    Nice
    Check Gunbroker for a seller named "What", he used to have some of that german funiture and might have a grip.
    Awesome thanks, I'll do some checking, I also thought maybe a checkered wood bulgy type 3 grip would be close enough if I can't find a german one.

As for my 74 I am going to have it live it's like switching between an mpi-ak74n clone and an mpi-aks74n clone (fixed stock and side folder variants) but thanks for the heads up anyway, I'll order another brown east german grip from ronin to put in place of the black german grip from him that's on it.

I've been into german variants for quite some time now, my goal is to make a clone of pretty much all late ddr models (some with as many ddr parts as possible and some just the general idea and I don't care to make both fixed stocks and folders when the change of a stock turns it into the other model) so far I have my shorty mpi-kms72s that I need to sbr, the 74 above, I'm waiting for my receiver to build my shorty mpi-aks74nk and I am collecting parts for my full length 1984 mpi-kms72 with cast barrel parts. Also I want to get another 74 kit and clone the cool sharp shooters ak 74 that there are pictures of floating around from an old ddr magazine. Pretty much a 74 with a bipod, rpk flash wider akm from sight and solid wood rpk butt stock.

Gunco Good ole boy 2ndAmendican's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Looking good Justin!!!!!!
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Looks great! I was thinking about doing the same thing with the Romanian stock sets from Apex.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
    Looks great! I was thinking about doing the same thing with the Romanian stock sets from Apex.

for sure, that's a good idea, it was pretty easy ising an end cutter running super fast in my drill press, i locked the hg in a small vice and carefully cut out what i wanted to cut, i used an amd grip nut to give the barrel a little more room

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.