AMD Pistol First build

Thread: AMD Pistol First build

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Default AMD Pistol First build

Well after about 2 months of researching, buying and waiting I am finally starting my first AK build. I am using a like new AMD kit I got from AKa Tom and an OOW receiver. I really wanted to do a weld build but not having access to a TIG welder I decided to rivet this one.
    The parts are like new and I want to retain thier finish and parkerize the receiver. The kit I have came apart almost to easy. A couple hits with a 16 oz hammer and punch pushed out the barrel pin. I then used the pulley puller method to remove the barrel. I drilled out the rivets with a bench top drill press.
    I decided to add a removable sling swivel to the back, So I made a plate to fit the rear trunion and used a unibit to make the hole, it has a radius on it and works perfectly for the swivel. I had a local welder weld in the plate, he kind of over did it with the heat but the swivel still works.
    I met GTBeharty and he kindly crimped my rivets for me as my tools haven't gotten here yet.
    The next step is to dry fit all the internals, and stone the slides to remove burrs etc, then blast and parkerize the receiver, rivet on the trigger guard, then final assembly.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Looks like your almost there! Can't wait to see it finished and get a range report

By the way i used the FCG that came with the kit on my pistol and like it just fine.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

looks good so far
    "Remember kids, if there's a loaded gun in the room, be
    sure that you're the one holding it" - Captain Combat
    saw this on pookies site thought it would fit

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

looks good, take a look at mine LOOK LOOK LOOK Pistol w/ ballbearing Q/D sling loop

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

I got the idea from you Steelcore, only I didn't modify the rear trunnion to center the swivel. It is offset about 1/8" to clear the notch.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

It is really exciting to see more builds going on around here
    "It's all over but the cryin'!"Moonshiner

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pirate56
    I got the idea from you Steelcore, only I didn't modify the rear trunnion to center the swivel. It is offset about 1/8" to clear the notch.
    Cool thanks for the nod

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by pirate56
    Well after about 2 months of researching, buying and waiting I am finally starting my first AK build. I am using a like new AMD kit I got from AKa Tom and an OOW receiver. I really wanted to do a weld build but not having access to a TIG welder I decided to rivet this one.
    The parts are like new and I want to retain thier finish and parkerize the receiver. The kit I have came apart almost to easy. A couple hits with a 16 oz hammer and punch pushed out the barrel pin. I then used the pulley puller method to remove the barrel. I drilled out the rivets with a bench top drill press.
    I decided to add a removable sling swivel to the back, So I made a plate to fit the rear trunion and used a unibit to make the hole, it has a radius on it and works perfectly for the swivel. I had a local welder weld in the plate, he kind of over did it with the heat but the swivel still works.
    I met GTBeharty and he kindly crimped my rivets for me as my tools haven't gotten here yet.
    The next step is to dry fit all the internals, and stone the slides to remove burrs etc, then blast and parkerize the receiver, rivet on the trigger guard, then final assembly.
    Good ole George! hes a great person! I know you had fun building w/him. Looks great so far, keep it up.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.