Yugo M70 U/F to Fixed Stock Transformation Complete!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yugo M70 U/F to Fixed Stock Transformation Complete!

Gunco Good ole boy 2ndAmendican's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Default Yugo M70 U/F to Fixed Stock Transformation Complete!

Finished the build and test portion a few weeks back, but finally got some time to foray into the bluing world. This was my first time bluing, and was remarkably easy considering that normally I park my guns in a ss tank on the stove. (Wife does not like it either!!!) I used the Birchwood-Casey SuperBlue, and was very pleased with the product and the application method.

Any rate, for those interested, this was an original M70 flatside trunnion underfolder, that I built early on, and was my first foray into spot welding the rails in. It was functional, but looked like hell, so I never finished the metal. I have a milled M70 underfolder as well, so one day I decided to take a spare Tabuk shoulder stock I had laying around and rebuild it into a fixed stock. So, I demilled it, and started over with an AK Builder 7.62 1mm standard flat, without trunnion holes. I used an APEX M72 rear trunnion that I drilled/countersunk for the top cover latch pin. IWD Tabuk stock. All wood stained Minnwax Sedona Red, with about 6 coats of Minnwax Poly. Yugo SKS rubber buttpad. Yugo milled magazine catch. (For anyone that hasn't felt the difference, it is MUCH smoother. Maybe we could get CNC Warrior to mill some.)I've run about 300 rounds through it, and she works great. I'm extremely pleased with the look, feel, and function of this rifle.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Nice build , thanks for the pic .

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Beautiful.
    Thanks for the pics.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

That came out really nice, thanks for the pics
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. This was a really fun and interesting (re)build.

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Nice rebuild!
    Stocks look great.

Shooter

Feedback Score

Looks Great. I'm gonna venture that way on a Polish UF kit. I'm hoping I can get a good stock to match the HGs.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

40 round mags make every gun look better

Feedback Score

That looks fantastic! Great job.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it. I'm particularly proud of this one. Just something about it.
    Blackfetus, you're right about the 40 rounders. They just dimensionally look correct on there. This is one of those Bulgy polymer's with the bullet pictograms. I need to get a few steel 40 rounders. They look more correct. It also looked pretty good with the 75 round drum. I shoulda included a pic of that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.