Gunco Forums banner

Nicos M95 build

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  nicoroshi 
#1 ·
Just finished her last week.
Was a numbers matching M95A kit that I built up as a solid stock rifle.
Had to mill .06" off the top of the selector stop (before riveting) to get the magazine to sit high enough along with some custom file shaping on the ejector so it would fit into the notch in the left side feed lip of the magazine.
The wood is from Matt at ironwood designs.
Just a light sanding after fitting, and some boiled linseed oil for a finish.
Receiver is an AK builder flat with 1.5mm Center support notched to clear the back of the magazine. Receiver was cold blued.

Head space, tilt test, and 10 round (dummies) hand cycle test passed with flying colors.
I will take her out on Sunday for a test fire.

See less See more
#5 ·
All wood from Ironwood designs.
The kit I bought came without wood so it worked out well for this build.
The wood used is Afromosia which is African Teak.
It's a very hard wood, and IMHO a close match for the original wood used.
I will be doing a test fire, and sighting in on Sunday morning, and return with a range report.

#9 ·
I built two of those up a couple years ago. One as a folder, the other fixed. Awesome AK variant.

NDS receiver needs a little tweaking- I had to relieve some of the center support- it was binding on the mag and wouldn't allow the mag to pivot in to lock on either gun.

It's not really a beginner build IMO, not only because of the price.

#11 ·
Range trip today was good.
About 150 down the pipe with only a magazine issue (didn't want to feed the last 2 rounds due to follower getting stuck), and 2 stovepipes (happened on the last round out of the magazine both times).

Feeding was flawless which means I did well getting that magazine to sit high enough.
Accuracy was good also.

Here's 20 @ 50 yards iron sighted resting on the magazine at the bench with Federal XM193>>

And 30 @ 50 yards>>>

The Nico is most pleased. :rockin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.