Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My First Side Folder

Sunny South Florida aka: knee deep in horse manure!
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default My First Side Folder

Built on a Tapco flat. Buttstock release latch hole isn't perfect. It all was perfect until I riveted the rear trunion. Something had to have moved! These are one tough build!!

gtbehary........ ak builder, hack machinist, nuclear worker and violin huckster!

Nationalistic Infidel. helldriver's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Looks damn good to me.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

George--Glad you've gotten away from that glow in the dark maker. That the Tapco folder as well?

Looks like you're still misusing the living room floor-- or have there been changes in the shop?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thats very cool. Thats definatly on my to do list. It looks really good.

Feedback Score

Thats exactly what kit Im doing next. I will start mine tomorrow by bending the flat and then March 12th to finish when the Build Party starts.

George, That looks fu***** sweet! Nice pics.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

What was so tough about it? Did you follow the template for it that is in the library?
    "It's all over but the cryin'!"Moonshiner

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gtbehary
    Buttstock release latch hole isn't perfect. It all was perfect until I riveted the rear trunion. Something had to have moved!
    You talking about the rear holes or the front one? On mine, the latch grabs at the very bottom of the notch on the buttstock. I followed the diagram completely so I think the measurements are a bit off, because IMO that latch holecould stand to move up toward the top of the gun by about 1/16".

Now I'll give you the rear ones - those are a real PITA. I finally settled on filing down the last 1/32" or so with small finishing files. Its hard IMO to get that hole perfect. Then again, I've seen some pics on those Russian sites where the hole doesn't look too perfect either.

Looks real nice! Let us know how you finish that one.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Winn R
    George--Glad you've gotten away from that glow in the dark maker. That the Tapco folder as well?

Looks like you're still misusing the living room floor-- or have there been changes in the shop?
    It's a Tapco Flat. I sneak in the living room once in a while to take a picture...of course the wife is always out at the barn working, so she don't care!
    gtbehary........ ak builder, hack machinist, nuclear worker and violin huckster!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hcpookie
    You talking about the rear holes or the front one? On mine, the latch grabs at the very bottom of the notch on the buttstock. I followed the diagram completely so I think the measurements are a bit off, because IMO that latch holecould stand to move up toward the top of the gun by about 1/16".

Now I'll give you the rear ones - those are a real PITA. I finally settled on filing down the last 1/32" or so with small finishing files. Its hard IMO to get that hole perfect. Then again, I've seen some pics on those Russian sites where the hole doesn't look too perfect either.

Looks real nice! Let us know how you finish that one.
    It was the rear hole with the catch. It was perfect, but I had to file it after I riveted it. I believe it distorted a bit when I dimpled the rivet holes. I bought some MolyCoat, but haven't built up the guts to use it!!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by magnus392
    What was so tough about it? Did you follow the template for it that is in the library?
    I wish I knew about the template!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.