Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 8mm mauser PSL/AK

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dcholl View Post
    Nice freeking Peice Man great job JoB!!!! what kind of receiver did you use and would you bewilling to share your parts list> that allowed you to make that wonderful looking peice,,,Doc
    I'll put up a detailed list later, but I got a barrel-less psl kit from Apex, a yugo 8mm mauser bbl from Copes, PSL receiver blank from cold steel solutions, and an M76 bolt carrier and bolt from buy milsurp I think. You will end up with an extra bolt and carrier, but I bet u could sell them, and youll have to have the bbl turned to psl or m76 dimensions, depending on what carrier u use,the m76 uses a shorter gas piston, and I wish i had set the bbl up for m76 cause I think it would look sweeter with a shorter gas tube. Also the mg13 mag came from, well i cant remember right now. Later...
    edit: bolt and carrier from assault weapons of ohio & mg13 mag from IMA-USA.
    Last edited by mtdew; 02-04-2013 at 09:30 AM.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Got some range time today. All went well but I need to make an adjustable gas block. Ejection is way too harsh. Other than that, it shot well. No malfunctions. Had a good group going at 100 yds until I had that flyer. .308 cartridge shown for comparison.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score

What size gas port opening did you use? I'm thinkimg .085"-.090" is about right.IIRC in my builds of M76. But they have adjustable gas block as well.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Sean, you are correct that if someone started out w/ m76 bolt they could just build from there without having to take metal from the front of the bolt. I really didnt want to pull the bbl so I filed the front of the bolt. Pic of adjustable gas block. 1. Hole drilled and tapped thru gas block 1/4 x 28. 2. Screw w/ spring for tension installed a bit over halfway thru with plug screw in other side of gas block installed almost halfway thru.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by akblue View Post
    What size gas port opening did you use? I'm thinkimg .085"-.090" is about right.IIRC in my builds of M76. But they have adjustable gas block as well.
    I dont recall it must have been more.
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Adjustable gas block works great, no more dented cases.
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Looking good Dew!! Glad she shoots well.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

nice job and the gas block adjustment, in 20something years I have building these varients never seen that done before ( guess I don't frequent all the right sites) and yes trimming the lugs is routinely done, I saw seans question and agree about the face.

really got me thinking, heck I will roll my own shell
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mtdew View Post
    Adjustable gas block works great, no more dented cases.
    Although I haven't used it yet, I scavenged a paint gun "spreader adjustment valve" and corresponding jamb nut to use for an adjustable gas block. I wish I had a picture of it, so you could see what I'm talking about. I've even been searching the web for a pic and I can't find one, darnit. Any rate, it looks almost perfect to use for a home made adjustable gas block. May work better on a 90 degree gas block, versus the 45 degree though. That way it could come in straight from the top with basically a needle valve into the gas port through the block as the seat. At least that's my thought.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

don't own a paint gun or seen one, so pic's of this idea would be great
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.