Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: WEIGER CLONE 223

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mtdew View Post
    Yall need to quit building these cool rifles. My wish list is way too long as it is!
    Ditto. Looking at all of these outside the box builds makes me keep adding to my list.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

more wiegers to come
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

more wiegers to come
    IM LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING ONE WITH MORE REAL PARTS ON IT WHEN YOU GET IT DONE .

I READ HC POOKIES OLD POST AN MOST OF THE PICTURES ARE GONE

I TRIED TO FIND PICTURES OF REAL EXAMPLES AN CAME UP VERY SHORT .

DO YOU HAVE ANY PICTURES ?? ID LIKE TO SEE CLOSE UPS OF THE FRONT HAND GUARDS AN I THE BAYO LUG AREA AS WELL AS WHAT STYLE BAYO THEY HAD.

IT LOOKED FORM ONE PICTURE LIKE THE HAND GUARD HAD VERTICAL SLOTS IN IT ???? AN ONE PIC I SAW LOOKED LIKE NO BAYO MOUNT OR IF IT WAS IT WAS PART OF THE GB .

ANY PICKS OF NON INTER ORDANCE STG COPYS WOULD BE GREAT.

ID ALSO LIKE TO SEE A CLOSE UP OF THE SPRING THAT KEEPS THE HAND GUARDS TIGHT. THE I O GUARDS ARE PRETTY FLIMSY AN VERY HARD TO R&R IM NOT ENTIRELY HAPPY WITH THEM SEEMS LIKE THEY WILL MELT AS OTHER I O STG 2000 OWNERS HAVE CLAIMED.

IM HOPING TO SHOOT MINE THIS WEEK END AN GET IT TUNED AN FUNCTION CHECKED THEN I CAN FINISH THE RECIVER.

IM ALSO LOOKING FOR A REAL WEIGER MAG IF THERE ARE ANY MORE AROUND THAT ARE NOT STUPID MONEY . IM NOT REALY WPORRIED TO MUCH ABOUT AUTHENTICTY.

I MAY LOOSE THE BERYL STYLE MOUNT AS WELL AN GO TO A SIDE MOUNT OR A CUSTOM CANTILEVER IF I KEEP THE RED DOT I WANT IT TO COEXIST WITH A IRON SET UP. IF NOT THEN THE GUN IS GOING TO GET A 3X9 OR SO SCOPE SO I CAN SEE WHAT IM AIMING AT AT 100 AN OUT. IT ALL DEPENDS ON HOW IT SHOOTS IF ITS OVER 1.5" GROUPS ILL LIKELY KEEP IT RED DOTED .

IMO A 223 IS NOT MUCH FUN IF THERE NOT ACCURATE, IM NOT EXPECTIN A LOT WITH THIS BARREL.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

the handguards are different than the originals as pointed out by pookie, the originals are slotted, the IO made ones are solid, which is probably sturdier considering the is no heat shield to protect them. That should be easy to rememdy once the rifle is assembled
    I have plenty of wieger mags, i maybe persuaded to trade one, they run over $50 a piece i was getting them for under $25 last year
    I have some pic's and copies of the original japanese catalog lets see if i can post them here
    note the plactic white almost translucent mags, look just llike polish 223 mags
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Pookies build pic

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

here are three more

the top two are ak 74s converted by east german armours

i thought i would through them in

the last one is test firing wiegers by the bundesweher post wall collapse, note they do not have bayo lugs

I may have more pic's I will have to look for them

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

they run over $50 a piece i
    YIKES .

I ONLY HAVE $200 IN THE WHOLE GUN LOL

MINE HAS IO PLASTIC IM PRETTY SURE , THEY WERE FROM ONE OF THE ROMMY OR CUIGR BUILDS THAT WERE SOLD BY I O I UNDERSATAND

MINE ACTUALY CAME FROM CFS IN A PARTIAL STG 2000 LIKE KIT THEY SOLD SAME AS THE STOCK. THEY HAD THOSE KITS FOR ABOUT A WEEK IN DIFFEARNT STAGES OF COMPETE.

ROYAL TIGER HAS THE HAND GUARD RETAINER STILL BUT NO GUARDS THE STOCK IS THE SAME AS OTHER FURNITURE KITS USE THEY SELL.

ASIDE FROM THE HAND GUARD AN GAS BLOCK MY BUILD IS REALLY NOT MUCH MORE THAN A ROMNY 223 BUILD . THE BOLT IS ROMMY SMALL STEM AN HAS A AK 74 STYLE EXTRACTER THAT IS EXPOSED ON THE SIDE OF THE BOLT. THE REAR TRUNION IS A FORKED TYPE THAT ALSO CAME IN THE CFS KIT.

IF I HAD A SOURCE FOR MORE HAND GUARDS I WOULD BUY A FEW MORE RETAINERS AN COME UP WITH A GB AN DO A FOLDER VERSION OR MAYBE A AR STYLE COLAPSABLE OR HELL A FOLDING AR COLLAPSABLE STOCK . ID USE ONE OF MY AK 74 TRUNIONS AB BOLT ASSEMBLIES TO DO A COMPACTABLE WEIGER CLONE .

IM CONSIDERING A LIGHT AS POSSABLE BUILD RIGHT NOW. IM TALKING PENCILE BARREL , ALLOY GAS BLOCK, NO RSB , NO FSB, CARBON FIBER HAND GUARD OR LIGHT ALLOY TUBE . AR TYPE STOCK iD LIKE TO SEE HOW LIGHT A AK CAN BE WITH OUT GOING TO SUPER EXOTIC EXTREAMS . POSSABLY A 14 INCH RIFFLED BARREL WITH A ALLOY EXTENSION , MAYBE ALLOY RSB , THE RECIVER COULD BE LIGHTER AS WELL MAYBE ALLUMINUM WITH A DROP IN FCG .

ID LIKE TO DO A FEW REALLY OUT SIDE THE BOX BEFORE THERE OUT LAWED.

IM FINISHING UP A M70 RIGHT NOW THAT IS ALMOST STOCK , I HAVENT DONE A STOCK LOOKING GUN IN YEARS.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

i have not seen the handguards for sale for some time the buttstock and pistol grip can be found i got a guy in germany looking for originals

yep with a plastic stock the wieger should be as lite as the 223 build i just fininshed, posted on the other thread

the hanguards are similar to the sig 55x series rifles, but they don't interchange cause i have both for comparison

$50 mags are cheap they sell asap when posted cause the work in the 223 saigas

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

yea with out stripping off parts or making aluminum parts I don't think you going to get a AK much lighter.

a galil tube set up an loosing the original RSB would be a little lighter an could still be done with AK variant parts.

id like to know how much weight could be removed from the carrier safely????

Im sure those mags are worth $50 easy . LOL I just cant believe what things are going for any more.

Im going to get this one function tested an the trigger tuned an get some finish on the reciver an call it done.

I got a spare trunion that might get a target barrel an floating hand guard set up installed on it . since its a screw build I can convert this to a varmint/target rifle in about 10 minutes . was considering a medium weight 17-223 barrel also I have the reamer an dies an about 500 .17 bullets

If there is a ban having a way to convert these around might be the only way to keep building new AK stuff in the future just use the same reciver an swap barrel assemblys.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Better pics of my build

Also more pics from around the web here:

http://pookieweb.dyndns.org:61129/stg-940/stg-940.htm

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.