Gunco Forums banner

WEIGER CLONE 223

4K views 35 replies 9 participants last post by  mtdew 
#1 ·
WELL I DECIDED TO TOSS ALL THIS WEIGER CLONE STUFF I HAD ON A PISTOL RECIVER I BUILT .

ITS A SCREW BUILD IN 223 WITH A HAND TURNED BARREL IN 1-9 TWIST .

THE RECIVER IS A TAPCO FLAT AN THE GUN WAS ORIGANLY A PISTOL SO IT CAN BE AGAIN . I NEED TO FINSH THE RECIVER SOME DAY LOL.

ITS GOT ONE OF MY MODIFED TRIGGERS WITH ADJUSTING SCREWS .

IT TAKES MODIFED GALIL MAGS AN WILL ALSO TAKE A 7.62X39 MAG IN THE SAME MAGWELL. THE EJECTOR IS A LITTLE SHORT BUT IT EJECTS JUST FINE.

THIS RECIVER HAS BEEN A TEST BED FOR A FEW GUNS. AN I DONT WANT TO EXTEND IT.

MY MAIN GOAL WAS GET IT DONE AN DOCUMENT IT . ITS ASCREW BUILD SO if I CAN TOSS OTHER BARREL SET UPS I HAVE ON IT .

I BUILS ALL MY GUNS AS PISTOLS FIRST TO ALLOW ME TO USE THE RECIVERS FOR ANY THING DOWN THE ROAD.

IN FACT THE STOCK IS ON IT ONLY FOR PICTURES IT WAS TEST RAN AS A PISTOL .

RUNS A ROMMY SMALL STEM 223 BOLT AN CARRIER . THE BOLT IS NOT SPRING LOADED. IT USE A BULLET GUIDE SIMULAR TO A 5,45 WITH THE TWIN CUTS. THE TRUNION IS A ROMMY AN THE REAR TRUNION THAT THE STOCK IS ON IS A BULGY SPLIT 5.45 TRUNION.

I HAVE BERYL STYLE RAIL AN A SIDE RAIL THAT GIVES ME 5 RAILS TOTAL. I HAVE AN A VORTEX RED DOT GOING ON IT ALONG WITH A LAZER, FLASHLIGHT , BAYONET , GERNADE LAUNCHER , FLASH HIDER, AN ROCKET LAUNCER IF I CAN FIND ONE LOL WHAT OTHER EVIL FEATURES ARE MISSING ????????

SOME WERE I SAW BAYONET LUGS THAT WERE NOT PART OF A GB ???? WHO HAS THESE ?????? I REALLY WANT A BAYO MOUNT ON IT .

THE BREAK IS A MODIFED PACIFIC TOOL AN GUAGE THAT GOES ON A DIFFERANT GUN.

NO ACCURACY REPORT BUT IT GOES BANG BANG BANG BANG. I DONT EXPECT MUCH FROM THIS LIGHT BARREL ITS MY ONLY TATICOOL GUN.
THE BARREL IS A REALLY LIGHT CONTOUR. I WANTED ONE I CAN CARRY ALL DAY THAT SHOOTS GOOD ENOUGH FOR 150 YARD TARGETS . ACCURACY WASENT MY GOAL THIS TIME ALTHOUGH THE BOLT WAS TURED AN THE RAILS ARE TAPERED TO BE TIGHT ON LOCK UP. I DONT PLAN ON SHOOTING MUCH BRASS AMMO THROUGH IT AS ITS HARD ON BRASS. ILL HAVE TO TRY THE COVER OFF MY VARMIT BUILD AN SEE IF THE RUBBER BUMBER HELPS THIS OR NOT.

I BUILT IT FOR HOME PROTECTION BECAUSE IM AN AMERICAN DAMIT .

I NEED A 1/2-28 AR STYLE MUZZEL DEVICE OR THREAD PROTECTER IF ANY ONE HAS A CHEAP SPARE???????

ITS A LIGHT LITTLE GUN BY AK STANDARDS. AN BALANCES OUT WELL.

I HAVE BIG MAG FOR IT AN THE ONE INTHE PICTURE. .

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice PDW ! (Personal Defense Weapon)

How do you taper the rails to be tight on lockup?

#3 ·
to get the carrier tighter at lock up simply leave more rail when you build your receiver.

mine was done on a tapco flat . my custom jig is a few thousands narrower than standard. so I end up with a little extra upper rail when its folded over. this also gets the trigger pin holes up slightly off the bottom of the receiver.

I like to leave things standard except for the last 1/2" just before the carrier hits the trunion. I fit the rails in the last half inch tighter so there is not so much side to side clearance . I figure let it be as free as possably for 95% of the travel an then the last 5% get almost tight but not tot he point were it will affect cycling. if you try this with the entire reciver it will stop running when it gets dry an dirty.

If your using a prebuilt reciver or your bent blank that doesn't need trimming you can tig a little extra to the rails. . back it with a copper plate when welding.

I cant say how much it helps as I have not done back to back tests but I can say the guns I do it on shoot well but hey also get other things done .

I have also played with material on the top of the carrier so it fits tight tot he hole in the rsb as it locks up.

the trick is to get every thing so it will cycle yet lock up the same place every time. then theres the whole getting the bolt tight in the carrier .

see my accurising the ak thread.

This gun had only minimal work done to it. the barrel is really a light profile lighter than a standard AK with.

I built it to shoot things close up an to be able to carry it all day.

since its a screw build Im going to build a heavy target barrel assembly . ill be able to use the 223 bolt just swap the trunion an barrel stuff. I need to find a extra trunnion .

#5 ·
I think that's the attitude a lot of folks are taking now. Don't see a lot of builds posted. Wish I had the money to build some more.........

Thanks for sharing BIGGUN!

#6 ·
nice clone,

As I stated I don't think I will be posting photos or up-dates publicly on the computer of any build i could or would be doing
I thought about it CONSEDERIABLY an I DECIDED to post it an document it , the fienstien ban would ban would call for grandfatherng in any legaly owned assult style rife at the time of the ban.

If you cant prove when it was built you might have issues. If there were ever going to consficate them then being a screw build it can be a parts kit in about 2 minutes . they can have my $15 tapco receiver . the gun pictured is not really new build its just a different parts kit bolted onto a old reciver.

with over 10,000 posts im not going to be able to say UHHHH WHAT GUNS OFFICER IF THEY COME . THERE IS NO HIDDING I BUILD GUNS FOR MY ENJOYMENT AN ONLY FOR ME . I HAVE POSTED FOR AROUND 7 YEARS ON HUNTING AN TARGET SHOOTING THE AK PLATFORM I SELDOM GO INTO ASSULT TYPE STUFF AN MY PISTOLS ARE ALL HUNTED WITH SO I HAVE LITTLE TO GAIN BY HIDDING NOW.

Im trying to get all my kits demilled an set up as screw build ready . so If I have to I can slam them on recivers of any kind fast.

IM bending every flat I own as well an welding in rails so there a firearm an im installing triggers in all of them . worse comes to worse ill have a pile of 16" barreld pistols to register. who knows if there is a ban what mods can be dome as far as converting a registered assault pistol to a rifle or not . The gun pictured was built on a previuos pistol receiver . an today that legal.

Im not sure how a registration would take place but if you have only 3 kits an 12 recivers an you needed register all of the recivers as assult style then id think you could just swap the parts on to each of them one at a time???????????????

I got a feeling a stripped reciver is not going to fly as a semi auto assault weapon s it can also be built as a bump/slide action evne a bolt action or muzzle loader an would not be under the rules of a ban.

if there is a ban im sure there will be unbuilt kits built as pump actions after a ban. or possably Sagia an Veper hunter clones with no evil features .

I HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE AN HAVE BROKEN NO LAWS . IF THEY COME AN TAKE THEM THERE IS LITTLE I CAN DO. I DONT POST VERY MANY BUILDS BUT IF I DO SOMEHTING DIFFERANT I FIGURE ITS WORTH SHOWING OFF A LITTEL.

THIS IS HONESTY MY ONLY TATICOOL AK . MY SONS HUNTING AK WITH A AR STOCK IS CLOSE BUT IT WAS BUiLT FOR HUNTING . THIS IS A PDF ( PERSONAL DEFENSE WEAPON ) iTS NOT GOING TO GET A BIG SCOPE . I BUILT IT FOR A DEFENSE WEAPON AN IT MIGHT SEE SOME LIGHT VSRMINT HUNNTING A A FEW COYOTIES OR WILD PIGS IF I EVER GET BACK TO THAT PART OF THE COUNTY WITH IT . IT WOUL D HAVE MADE A GREAT PIG GUN WHEN I LIVED IN CALIFORNAI BEFORE ALL THE BANS . I HOPE TO NEVER NEED TO USE IT IN DEFENSE AN I HOPE IT CAN LIVE ITS LIFE AS A RANGE TOY AN POSSABLY A COYOTE GUN . I SOLD MY AR PARTS WHEN I BOUGHT THESE PARTS A FEW YEARS AGO . TH PLAN WAS A AK THAT LOOKED A LITTLE LIKE A AR AN WAS LIGHT .

I GOT THE VORTEX STRIKE FIRE AN THE BERYL STYLE RAIL ON TODAY THE OPTIC IS A LITTEL TO HIGH AN IM GOING TO HAVE TO GET A 33MM LOW MOUNT BUT ITS GOING TO WORK OUT. I ALSO GOT A OLD LEATHER SLING ON IT TODAY. I WAS THINKING ABOUT A SINGLE POINT TYPE SET UP BUT IF IEVER NEED THIS GUN FOR DEFENSE ITS GOING TO BE IN MY FAT LITTLE HANDS AN NOT HANGING AROUND MY NECK.

I NEED TO FIND A CHEAP FLASH HIDER AN A LOCK NUT TO KEEP IT IN PLACE.

WHO SELLS JUST A 1/2-28 LOCK NUT ????????????

I MIGHT ADD A FLASH LIGHT BUT IM DOUBT A LASER OR BAYO AN I COULD NOT FIND A ROCKET LAUNHER FOR IT ANY WERE . I DID SEE A COOL GOLF AN TENNIS BALL LAUNCER MIGHT GET ONE OF THOSE. ARE THERE ANT LAWS ABOUT FLAME THROWERS ??????? I SAW A HARLEY WITH ONE AN IT WOULD BE COOL MAYBE LOL

ILL POST SOME MORE PICTURES WHEN ITS TRUELY DONE .

#7 ·
its not about hiding, its about not making it easy for them ban or no ban, and in these days whats breaking the law?
I do not advocate breaking the law nor do I plan on doing so, as some here know via back channel, I too have been a busy beaver very busy one at that

#8 ·
1biggun,
Your DDR Wieger STG-940 clone looks good, I have collected German parts for four years to build one (SLOW mode) The best deal on a US flash hider is Notherngunparts. You may have to call and see if they make the 1/2"x28 nut.
The second option for the nut is CNCWARRIOR. (make sure you select the proper thread pitch)

Here is a link to notherngunparts:
AR-15 / M-16 A-1 New Birdcage Style Slotted Flash Hider

Here is a link to CNCWARRIOR :
Muzzle Jam Nut

AK M

#10 ·
So, hows it look with the rail and optic Biggun? I may have one or two Galil magazines I may be persuaded to get rid of. What are they going for now? $1000.00 each. LOL. Just kidding.

#11 ·
ILL POST SOME PICS OF IT WITH THE RAILS ON IT LOOKS PRETTY GOOD. THE OPTIC IS TWO HIGH IM GOING TO ORDER A LOWER SET OF RINGS .

ITS 6 DEGREES OUT SO IM WATING FOR TIME TO RUN THE GUN THROIGH ITS PACES AN THEN BE WARM ENOUGH TO APPLY A SPRAY ON FINISH. I ALSO PLAN ON SLAPPING ON A BIG SCOPE TO GET A TRUE ACCURACY TEST COMPARED TO MY OTHER TARGET TYPE BUILDS.

PM IF YOU WANT TO SELL OR TRADE THOSE GALIL MAGS I COULD USE A FEW MORE

YEA $1000 EACH SOUNDS FAIR LOL. I BOUGHT A 5 PACK FOR AROUND $50 THE DAY OF THE SANDY HOOK SHOOTING I SHOULD HAVE GOT 15 MAGS. IM LOOKING FOR THE 13 ROUNDERS AS WELL THEY WORK BETTER FOR BENCH SHOOTING,

#12 ·
HERE IS SOME PICS THE BAYO IS THERE FOR MOCK UP I STILL CANT FIND THE SITE THAT HAD THE LUGS ONLY WITH NO GB . IT WAS IN THE MISC AREA OF A SITE MIGHT HAVE BEEN ROYAL TIGER AN THERE SOLD OUT AN GONE THEY WERE LIKE $10

I DONT REALLY PLAN ON HAVING A BAYO BUT THERE AREA COUPLE INTERESTING BIPODS THAT USE THE BAYOMOUNT, I MIGHT JUST MAKE A CUSTOM BAYOMOUNT WITH A PIECE OF RAIL BEHIND IT AS WELL WITH THESE FORE GRIPS THERE IS NO PROVISION TO ATTACH A BIPOD MAYBE A CLAMP ON BAYO MOUNT IS DOABLE. I DONT WANT A LOT OF JUNK ON THE GUN .IT LOOKS LIKE I COULD MAKE A CLAMP ON SET UP TO HO AROUND THE BOTTOM PART OF THE FSB/GB EASY ENOUGH .

I COULD JUST CUT THE TOP OFF A OLD GB AN USE JUST THE LUG SECTTION AN A BUSHING AN BE DONE WITH IT . OR I COULD WELD A LUG TO THE EXISTING GB.
ITS NOT A REALL ISSUE. BUT IF IT WAS REALLY EASY AN CHEAP ID LIKE A LUG OR RAIL THERE.

NOTE THERE IS A RAIL ON TOP OF THE BERYL STULE RAIL BEHIND THE OPTIC. IT COMES OFF AN LIKELY WILL UNLESS I INSTALL A LIGHT.

IM THINKING IF I CASN GET THE OPTIC HIGHT LOWER AN JSUT RIGHT I COULD INSTALL A FRONT POST SITE THAT WAS TALLER AN EXTENDED THROUGH THE TOP OF THE RSB AN A RAIL MOUNT PEEP OR NOTCH SITE AN HAVE IT ALL COWITNESS WITH THE RED DOT. iD LIKE TO GET THE OPTIC DOWN AS LOW AS POSSSABLE EVEN IF I NEED TO MILL AWAY SOME OF THE FRONT PART AF THE RAIL. IF I CAN GET IT LOW ENOUGH THEN MY IDEA OF HAVING A POST EXTENDING THROUGHT HE TOP OF THE RSB WOULD WORK . IT MIGHT LOOK A LITTEL FUNNY THE OTHER OPTION IS LEAVE THE OPTIK HIGH ENOUGH AN HAVE A WAY TO SEE UNDER THE MOUNT, ID RATHER HAVE A COWITNESS SET UP IF POSSABLE WITH A SOLID CHECK REST FOR BOTH.

ANY WAY A COUPLE POORLY SHOT PICS.

Attachments

#13 ·
That looks good. I like it.

I'll take a look at my mag situation, and let you know. I think I have one or two of the steel Galil mags I don't use.

#21 ·
Ditto. Looking at all of these outside the box builds makes me keep adding to my list.

#23 ·
more wiegers to come
IM LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING ONE WITH MORE REAL PARTS ON IT WHEN YOU GET IT DONE .

I READ HC POOKIES OLD POST AN MOST OF THE PICTURES ARE GONE

I TRIED TO FIND PICTURES OF REAL EXAMPLES AN CAME UP VERY SHORT .

DO YOU HAVE ANY PICTURES ?? ID LIKE TO SEE CLOSE UPS OF THE FRONT HAND GUARDS AN I THE BAYO LUG AREA AS WELL AS WHAT STYLE BAYO THEY HAD.

IT LOOKED FORM ONE PICTURE LIKE THE HAND GUARD HAD VERTICAL SLOTS IN IT ???? AN ONE PIC I SAW LOOKED LIKE NO BAYO MOUNT OR IF IT WAS IT WAS PART OF THE GB .

ANY PICKS OF NON INTER ORDANCE STG COPYS WOULD BE GREAT.

ID ALSO LIKE TO SEE A CLOSE UP OF THE SPRING THAT KEEPS THE HAND GUARDS TIGHT. THE I O GUARDS ARE PRETTY FLIMSY AN VERY HARD TO R&R IM NOT ENTIRELY HAPPY WITH THEM SEEMS LIKE THEY WILL MELT AS OTHER I O STG 2000 OWNERS HAVE CLAIMED.

IM HOPING TO SHOOT MINE THIS WEEK END AN GET IT TUNED AN FUNCTION CHECKED THEN I CAN FINISH THE RECIVER.

IM ALSO LOOKING FOR A REAL WEIGER MAG IF THERE ARE ANY MORE AROUND THAT ARE NOT STUPID MONEY . IM NOT REALY WPORRIED TO MUCH ABOUT AUTHENTICTY.

I MAY LOOSE THE BERYL STYLE MOUNT AS WELL AN GO TO A SIDE MOUNT OR A CUSTOM CANTILEVER IF I KEEP THE RED DOT I WANT IT TO COEXIST WITH A IRON SET UP. IF NOT THEN THE GUN IS GOING TO GET A 3X9 OR SO SCOPE SO I CAN SEE WHAT IM AIMING AT AT 100 AN OUT. IT ALL DEPENDS ON HOW IT SHOOTS IF ITS OVER 1.5" GROUPS ILL LIKELY KEEP IT RED DOTED .

IMO A 223 IS NOT MUCH FUN IF THERE NOT ACCURATE, IM NOT EXPECTIN A LOT WITH THIS BARREL.

#24 ·
the handguards are different than the originals as pointed out by pookie, the originals are slotted, the IO made ones are solid, which is probably sturdier considering the is no heat shield to protect them. That should be easy to rememdy once the rifle is assembled
I have plenty of wieger mags, i maybe persuaded to trade one, they run over $50 a piece i was getting them for under $25 last year
I have some pic's and copies of the original japanese catalog lets see if i can post them here
note the plactic white almost translucent mags, look just llike polish 223 mags

Attachments

#26 ·
here are three more

the top two are ak 74s converted by east german armours

i thought i would through them in

the last one is test firing wiegers by the bundesweher post wall collapse, note they do not have bayo lugs

I may have more pic's I will have to look for them

Attachments

#27 ·
they run over $50 a piece i
YIKES .

I ONLY HAVE $200 IN THE WHOLE GUN LOL

MINE HAS IO PLASTIC IM PRETTY SURE , THEY WERE FROM ONE OF THE ROMMY OR CUIGR BUILDS THAT WERE SOLD BY I O I UNDERSATAND

MINE ACTUALY CAME FROM CFS IN A PARTIAL STG 2000 LIKE KIT THEY SOLD SAME AS THE STOCK. THEY HAD THOSE KITS FOR ABOUT A WEEK IN DIFFEARNT STAGES OF COMPETE.

ROYAL TIGER HAS THE HAND GUARD RETAINER STILL BUT NO GUARDS THE STOCK IS THE SAME AS OTHER FURNITURE KITS USE THEY SELL.

ASIDE FROM THE HAND GUARD AN GAS BLOCK MY BUILD IS REALLY NOT MUCH MORE THAN A ROMNY 223 BUILD . THE BOLT IS ROMMY SMALL STEM AN HAS A AK 74 STYLE EXTRACTER THAT IS EXPOSED ON THE SIDE OF THE BOLT. THE REAR TRUNION IS A FORKED TYPE THAT ALSO CAME IN THE CFS KIT.

IF I HAD A SOURCE FOR MORE HAND GUARDS I WOULD BUY A FEW MORE RETAINERS AN COME UP WITH A GB AN DO A FOLDER VERSION OR MAYBE A AR STYLE COLAPSABLE OR HELL A FOLDING AR COLLAPSABLE STOCK . ID USE ONE OF MY AK 74 TRUNIONS AB BOLT ASSEMBLIES TO DO A COMPACTABLE WEIGER CLONE .

IM CONSIDERING A LIGHT AS POSSABLE BUILD RIGHT NOW. IM TALKING PENCILE BARREL , ALLOY GAS BLOCK, NO RSB , NO FSB, CARBON FIBER HAND GUARD OR LIGHT ALLOY TUBE . AR TYPE STOCK iD LIKE TO SEE HOW LIGHT A AK CAN BE WITH OUT GOING TO SUPER EXOTIC EXTREAMS . POSSABLY A 14 INCH RIFFLED BARREL WITH A ALLOY EXTENSION , MAYBE ALLOY RSB , THE RECIVER COULD BE LIGHTER AS WELL MAYBE ALLUMINUM WITH A DROP IN FCG .

ID LIKE TO DO A FEW REALLY OUT SIDE THE BOX BEFORE THERE OUT LAWED.

IM FINISHING UP A M70 RIGHT NOW THAT IS ALMOST STOCK , I HAVENT DONE A STOCK LOOKING GUN IN YEARS.

#28 ·
i have not seen the handguards for sale for some time the buttstock and pistol grip can be found i got a guy in germany looking for originals

yep with a plastic stock the wieger should be as lite as the 223 build i just fininshed, posted on the other thread

the hanguards are similar to the sig 55x series rifles, but they don't interchange cause i have both for comparison

$50 mags are cheap they sell asap when posted cause the work in the 223 saigas

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.