Thread: Yugo M92B1 build

Feedback Score

Default Yugo M92B1 build

I pretty well finished a Yugoslavian M92B1 build. Marriage of a krink M92 and a fixed stock Yugo B1.

I decided to use the heavier 1.5mm receiver and bulged trunnion vs the thinner 1mm M92 krink receiver & non-bulged trunnion.

I have to drill the barrel pin channel in the virgin trunnion and set the barrel components for pinning. But I got the lathe work done and the mock up looks like everything will mate up nicely. I had to mill out the left side of the front trunnion so the hinged top cover would drop down onto the trunnion and close properly. It is not fully seated in the pic and you see the shiny milled area.

I have an older M92 kit that was previously FUBAR by a.., ahhemmm., "home builder" of dubious skills.
    I decided to rebarrel it with a chromelined US Yugo pattern barrel (Brownell"s). I had to do some lathe work for the krink rear hinge block and the front sight/gas block combo to fit the Yugo barrel. The old handguard retainer slot will need welded up because the Yugo krink lower handguard is shorter.

Barrel cover is a piece of hollow round stock inside the muzzle nut. A weld up will complete that and it may be 1/2 inch shorter.

Gas tube is a long one from a Yugo M76 sniper. I'll fab up a custom piston for the gas system.

Nothing really special but I like it so far. Thought about a triangle folder but probably not going that route.

In mock up stage>

Rivet work and muzzle device and a fab'd up the custom length piston for the M76 gas tube today from the kind gift from Elkaholic on AKFILES., here>>
    WTB - PSL gas piston - The AK Files Forums

Nothing fancy and as others have done., I cut the PSL piston just forward of the threaded end., then center drilled it 5/16" which is only about .003" smaller than the piston shaft diameter. Turned down the shaft a few thou., mock up the piston to length, cut off the protrusion and pin in place.

Piston with shaft protruding prior to trimmimg>

Completed piston>

Extended vs standard piston>

Ready for cross pin>

Muzzle device is an original M92 muzzle nut with a piece of hollow metal tube welded to it. The end cap is aluminum threaded 14/1 left hand. Works good as the USA Yugo pattern barrel is threaded 14/ LH and the FSB/GB Yugo is 26mm right hand.

Rifle is done except I need to notch the muzzle device for the plunger install. And it needs media blast an KG GunKote>
    As soon as the weather dries up it is out for a range session.

Last edited by akblue; 04-30-2013 at 10:24 AM.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Looks nice. I like your muzzle design!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

That did come out nice, and thanks for all the pics
    I also like your fake can, very nice design
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

On virgin trunnions I drill & ream .250” instead of 7mm. Size isn't noticed and dowel pin selection are available in several lengths.
    Last edited by willie; 04-30-2013 at 10:07 AM. Reason: cuz

Feedback Score

Friggin DT ?????
    Last edited by willie; 04-30-2013 at 11:34 AM.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Dang that's a nice build Akblue!!! Very nice work, as well as nice outside the box thinking. I bet that'll be a good shooter too.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    Dang that's a nice build Akblue!!! Very nice work, as well as nice outside the box thinking. I bet that'll be a good shooter too.
    Thanks., after building a number of "authentic" clones., East German, Bulgy AKS74 etc., the bubba, one-off Khyber builds etc., are enjoyable because there are no rules about parts, finish or assembly methods.
    I'm working on a 5.56 build now but the bullet guide issue using a AK74 trunnion but with a short lug 5.56 bolt is creating head scratching time. Have to sort it out.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by akblue View Post
    Thanks., after building a number of "authentic" clones., East German, Bulgy AKS74 etc., the bubba, one-off Khyber builds etc., are enjoyable because there are no rules about parts, finish or assembly methods.
    I'm working on a 5.56 build now but the bullet guide issue using a AK74 trunnion but with a short lug 5.56 bolt is creating head scratching time. Have to sort it out.

Well good luck with it. I hope you get it figured out.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    That did come out nice, and thanks for all the pics
    I also like your fake can, very nice design
    +1 that can looks great. It gives it a nice line for lack of a better word. I was just reading your 5.56 thread as well...the knowledge and skill of the members of this board is awe-inspiring.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

― Jeff Cooper

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.