Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My first build .. Khyber pass ak

Feedback Score

Default My first build .. Khyber pass ak

Saw a post from rob pincus on Instagram that he was holding a supAR bowl build party. where him and some guys got together and built ar's while watching the game. I thought it sounded like a cool idea so I gathered my ak stuff and finally put together my khyber pass kit

brought the press to my spare room so I could watch the game while building

And started riveting

Almost there

Finally the completed product just need to figure out what finish to put on it and test it

this is my first build but won't be my last

Feedback Score

Nice first build! Dedicated first timer for sure, dragging the press inside and all!! LOL Is that a Polish kit you used?
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score

Thanks .. Ya it's a polish kit

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Kyber pass builds need Kyber pass finishes. Well worn with decrative ribbon and tape. Some brass tacks and copper wire.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score

It's going to get a battlefield pick up look but I don't know about the decorative stuff

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Really nice build! Where did you get the stock? Been thinking about doing one myself.
    "Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway." - The Duke

Feedback Score

It's a complete kit from ak-builder.com they also sell them separate https://ak-builder.com/index.php?dis...oduct_id=30345

I kind of cheated with the barrel populated and headspaced but being my first build I was willing to cheat a bit I was really happy with the kit I double checked the headspace it was perfect and the kit I received was all matching numbers

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Srboostjunkie View Post
    It's a complete kit from ak-builder.com they also sell them separate https://ak-builder.com/index.php?dis...oduct_id=30345

I kind of cheated with the barrel populated and headspaced but being my first build I was willing to cheat a bit I was really happy with the kit I double checked the headspace it was perfect and the kit I received was all matching numbers
    Nothing wrong with that. Nice build, and I definitely can relate to the press in the bedroom. I loved that. Yeah, you're hooked. LOL. Good job, and thanks for posting your pics.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by mtdew View Post
    Kyber pass builds need Kyber pass finishes. Well worn with decrative ribbon and tape. Some brass tacks and copper wire.
    +1., some tribal work.,

Srboodtjunkie., nice first build and interesting work shop area. Warm and with the accessories. I guess during the Super Bowl there was not much to dstract you with the blow out score. Nicely done.

Feedback Score

Thanks guys

Akblue that's the look I want I ordered the stock pouch from rifle dynamics and a 2 point sling that will get tribal work I want to keep it off the rifle itself .. Any advice on the process of getting that finish on the receiver?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.