Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Saiga .223 bullpup why the hell not

ado
    Feedback Score

Default Saiga .223 bullpup why the hell not

I got this thing done a few months ago, i just thought I'd post up some pictures since got a bit of the information off of here.

Its a .223 saiga that still needs 2 things; 1. AR mag well and 2. A nice paint job.

there was a kit on the market that I loved but couldn't get over a couple of things so I decided to build one my self.

Ill answer the most common question, the "why?"

We'll I wanted:
    someting that stands out
    reliable
    Bullpup (didn't want to spend 1300+) and that's why I did this.

What do you guys think?
    Ado
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Looks pretty good from what little I can tell from the pics. You got any clearer, or at least horizontal pics?
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Neat,,as best as I can tell,,the blood started to rushing to my brain too by standing on my head looking at it!!

Just funning ya ado, nice rig.

Did you overcome the normal spongy trigger feel associated with bull pups? If not there are some posts in the archives here that give some good tips on tightening them up for a better trigger feel. I still don't have a bull pup one yet sense I don't really get that warm and fuzzy feeling about having a gun made out of recycled tin cans cycling right under my cheek,I'm just fussy that way I guess,,,,

I've built 2 but sold them off later when I got the bugs worked out of them, but the folks that bought them like them, so I guess it's all in what you like. They do look neat though,,for sure!!

ado
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    Looks pretty good from what little I can tell from the pics. You got any clearer, or at least horizontal pics?
    Not sure why they came out that way, I'll take a handful of pictures tonight and throw them on here with some specs.

ado
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by twa2471 View Post
    Neat,,as best as I can tell,,the blood started to rushing to my brain too by standing on my head looking at it!!

Just funning ya ado, nice rig.

Did you overcome the normal spongy trigger feel associated with bull pups? If not there are some posts in the archives here that give some good tips on tightening them up for a better trigger feel. I still don't have a bull pup one yet sense I don't really get that warm and fuzzy feeling about having a gun made out of recycled tin cans cycling right under my cheek,I'm just fussy that way I guess,,,,

I've built 2 but sold them off later when I got the bugs worked out of them, but the folks that bought them like them, so I guess it's all in what you like. They do look neat though,,for sure!!
    Not sure why they posted the way they did, will take as bunch of pictures and post later. I actually got all the info on the trigger linkage form this site, so no problems there. The trigger feels just like the stock trigger but if u shoot without a mag in the rifle it gets pretty sloppy because there is nothing for the linkage to rest on. It's fun but won't really trust my life to it. I love the ak platform as it is but thought this would be a cool build.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I like it, now some build details and

Feedback Score

Looks good man nice job! And as the others said curious to see better pics.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

― Jeff Cooper

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Hi Ado,

Love BullPups....Have done a number of them myself over the years.

Yours is perhaps the most unique that I have ever seen. Very innovative! Not my taste, but I still appreciate the work and the skills and the thought that went into it. Just need to know, how long does it take to change batteries?????

All kidding aside, that is a really nice job. You have a one-of-a-kind! And that is hard to say these days.

Looking forward to more pics...

Regards,
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

ado
    Feedback Score

ado
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by bubbamauser View Post
    I like it, now some build details and
    thanks, yeah ill have to write it up it wasn't hard at all and i live in an apartment! so someone with the space and tools can get it done fast. the triger housing and grip i found on ebay for $16 bucks its for a paintball gun solid piece of aluminum.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.