Saiga to AK103 conversion
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saiga to AK103 conversion

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Default Saiga to AK103 conversion

Since my other thread has now become a discussion about welding I thought I would create another to let those that have a desire to watch this conversion.
    I bought a Saiga 7.62 at MGS the other day this is whats taken place so far.
    I removed the front sight base, the gas block, the site leaf, and all the BS Saiga non-sporting plates, pins and other assorted crap.
    Today I modified the receiver to accept the folding polymer stock. The big hole in the center will be done after I get the welding done. I learned my lesson on the 223 conversion about trying to cover up that 'read owners manual' and the manufacture stamp. It is going to be so much smoother if I wait till after that.
    Of course the conversion requires a 74 FSB, GB, HGR, site leaf, gas tube, handguards, trigger guard and a cleaning rod. I kept looking thru all the boards for someone wanting to sell this as I have used up all my extra good stuff. I gave up on anyone selling stuff at a decent price. So today I ordered a 74 folder kit from Bob and hopefully it should ship tomorrow. This should allow me to re-coupe some of the money spent. Anyone wanting that folder set up can buy it from me for $150 shipped, the remainder of the parts will go in my misc stuff I will sell later.
    Here's what I started with:

And here's where I am today:

And after this is born it can sit next to it's older brother: (I love this gun)

388ci Bored & Stroked SB 75_stingray's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

SWEEEEET!
    Always consider potential Allies. Never dismiss that they may be the enemy until proven otherwise. Be careful how you hold both; You could turn one into the other. (63DH8)

There will always be a large group of people that will be preyed upon, consumed by predators just like in a school of fish.
    Some fish don't venture out into the deep water, others do so only when they've developed big teeth, but most just swim along looking at how blue the water is.
    (GN Member)
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE!
    Member#1499

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_M4
    Since my other thread has now become a discussion about welding I thought I would create another to let those that have a desire to watch this conversion.

Of course the conversion requires a 74 FSB, GB, HGR, site leaf, gas tube, handguards, trigger guard and a cleaning rod. I kept looking thru all the boards for someone wanting to sell this as I have used up all my extra good stuff.
    Kev, I can weld a bayonet lug onto that GB for you...
    http://pookieweb.dyndns.org:61129/AK...n/DSCN4841.JPG

http://pookieweb.dyndns.org:61129/AK...d/DSCN4842.JPG

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

hopefully it will ship tommorow..

Damn kevin, I ordered 2 plum kits from BOB.
    Waited over 2 weeks and they hadn't shipped or anything.

Good luck on your project. I think I would of called KVAR and asked them for the $99 front end special.
    Member of the
    There may be help for some of us, but for me I am lost...

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

I thought about the front end, but the web site says they are out. I still would have needed furniture and a trigger gard.(another $75 or so w/shipping)
    I received a UPS tracking number today via email. Let's see how fast it gets here.

Jerry let me send you that one I took off and you can 'lug' it. The 223 is too big to do anything with.

, that 101 came in around $900 with 5 Polish mags.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Say I just remembered - Sangrun showed a link to a button-weld bayonet lug that you can buy for any postban GB... don't know what I did with that link, but it was a normal lug that IIRC you button welded via MAPP and silver solder. Was a VERY COOL idea. Since you could dremel one with something around a 3/8" square piece of bar stock, seems like this would be a good idea vs. my bead cutting. When that sucker got annealed, it was a bugger trying to lock it in place on the mill.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

I have everything I need but the flat rivets, anyone have any to trade/buy..... I would like this set best because it has the long one for the optics rail...Thanks

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

A minor update;
    I took it to my buddy so he could help me out with the holes to be welded up. I got some pictures while it was being done, thought they were worth sharing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kevin_M4; 05-21-2005 at 07:23 PM.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

I couldn't stand it, I played hooky from work this morning and did the front end and soldered the markings up. No picture of the solder yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_M4
    I have everything I need but the flat rivets, anyone have any to trade/buy..... I would like this set best because it has the long one for the optics rail...Thanks
    ...where did you find all the springs and things for the stock, did you get it all in one shebang??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.