Default bizon type build???

hey pookie hows the bizon build goin??:hdbng:

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

ditto
    That which does not kill you, makes you stronger

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I've made a correction to the template pattern measurements. First measurement was a bit too long (not by much!) and decided to fix it.

I have about given up on the US-built FAL handguard search, which is what I was going to modify to build into the Bizon handguards. I think I'm decided on fiberglass and/or ABS laminates that are cut to shape. OTOH I had a bright idea the other day to look at AR-180B handguards, those may fit the bill.

The magazine assembly has hit a snag in that my cutter went Tango Uniform. Now I'm back to square one (or circle one!) on how to cheaply cut sheet metal circles. I have a bright idea and need to get to HD to buy some stuff before I can say if it will work.

YOu may have already seen it, but I'm almost done with my home made side folder trunion/hinge block/whatever you call it and feel confident I can make these in quantity...

http://pookieweb.dyndns.org:61129/Gr.../rearstock.htm

Now that I said all that, I've talked the '74/Waffle floorplates up way too much to push them to the back burner again, so I've promised myself I'm going to finish up production of those BEFORE I do the Bizon. Just did some welding last night... I'll probably switch between the Bizon and Groza projects all summer.

I SWEAR I can't get a break - I've got work stuff until next Saturday so I'm basically locked out of AK stuff until NEXT weekend I think I'm ready for a vacation...

You can be SURE I'll be blabbing about updates when they happen! But don't expect more until perhaps the end of the month.

Feedback Score

For handguards I think the MP5 wide style guards look like they would fit the bill fairly well... Since the Mp5 has a cocking tube above it should work well with the BIZON design:

http://www.top-notchparts.com/MP5%20...p5widegrip.htm

$14 is a good deal I think....

For lotsa circles: Stamping would be the cheapest way to cut sheetmetal circles. You would have to mill two steel plates. One would have a die of the shape (circle w/hole in center I assume) and one would have a punch, I.E. One plate is a male and the other a female of the shape you are looking for. Upon stamping the punch slides into the die w/no room for the sheet to go it shears off clean.... I bet you could have 2 plates milled from steel fairly cheaply, say around $250 or so, then you could make literally thousands of the circles you want/need. It would only take maybe 20tons to cut thru thin sheet me thinks..... Your a smart cookie Im sure you already know this.

Has anyone though about making a locked bolt/breech bizon ?...meaning to use an AK-74 trunnion/bolt with just a 9mm BBL and magwell. Im thinking you could use an AK trunnion/BBL stub as shown above and press in the UZI BBL and then use it w/a gas port of the right size to allow the bolt to actually lockup like an AK but with the 9mm cartridge. Then you could conceivably make an AK74 to 9mm conversion kit. Make a magwell adaptor to fit curved MP5 magazines (easier to load, no bolt mods needed and keeps the banana look for AK) and include a lighter recoil spring as required to make it work. Voila instant 9mm AK-74.... Would work well me thinks....

I need to start copyrighting my ideas Yah right, I like to share the knowledge.....

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

The Bizon is not a locking design. It's just a blow back.

Feedback Score

I know that, LOL. Im saying has anyone contemplated making one a locked breech. It would allow a lighter bolt assembly which would allow a lighter overall package.

Heh, I have a 9mm blow back 74 type doohickey as such I am aware of the BIZON and its configuration. I suppose I wasnt clear enough in my original post. Sorry, I will try to be more concise in the future.... Thanks!!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

oops my bad playa

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

No I have not considered a blowback because I am going to make a replica of the Bizon. The "Master" SMG and others are rotating bolt designs but are beyond the scope of my project. I'm not going to "bubba-ize" this and therefore it is taking more time to get right. This is exactly what I'm doing:

http://pookieweb.dyndns.org:61129/bizon/bizon.htm

This summer looks to be an exciting time... as soon as my projects at work are completed!

Feedback Score

Get-ur-done!!

Feedback Score

WOW pookster you did a friggen awesome job copying that magazine and handguards...do you have the molds still??? Or did you carve them out of foam and glass them??? THAT LOOKS AWESOME MAN!!!

IM JEALOUS now
    Did you SBR it or is it just an optical dillusion of a short BBL?????

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.