First Build Range Report

Thread: First Build Range Report

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default First Build Range Report

Finally took my first build to the range. I put 180 rounds of Wolf FMJ through it. I was surprised at how well the brake reduced the recoil, my brother, who cringes at the thought of a 20 guage with bird shot, said the recoil was very light. The most noticable feeling from the recoil is the bolt carrier slamming back closed. Also I was impressed by the accuracy of the weapon. My kit came rather well used, with only about 60% finish, and apparently was correctly zeroed, because everyone could pop a coke can at 50 yards with it pretty consistently standing. It did have problems though, it would jam every 2 to 20 shots. It would either fire, eject the round, and then get stuck at the point where the bolt first touches the back of the next round in the magazine. this could be easily cleared by pulling the charging handle back and letting it fall again. Or it would fire, eject the round, slam closed like everything was fine, but it would'nt have stripped the next round from the magazine and the chamber would be empty. Not sure what would be causing these problems, any ideas would bew appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sunny South Florida aka: knee deep in horse manure!
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Did you build it from a flat? One of my builds wouldn't eject every so often. When I got it home, I found that I had forgotten to trim the ejector, causing the bolt to bind a bit on the way back. It also would throw the bolt out of alignment causing it not to pick up a round.
    Life Is For Service

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I built it off of a prebent blank. That sounds like that could be the problem, but i did trim the ejector and it lines up perfect and doesnt bind when i hand cycle it. I'll take a closer look tonigt just to make sure.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Sounds like the height of the mag is right on the line.

To reduce the differential between bolt and mag try bending down the rails just a hair.

Also make sure the center pin isn't in the way.
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.