Thread: Pics of my Bulgarian

Feedback Score

Default Pics of my Bulgarian

Here's a pic of one of my first builds, in kit form...It's a Bulgy from Centerfire. I'm very impressed with the wood, and the condition of these kits is flawless. I can't wait to get this baby runnin'!!!

I also have a polish kit to build, and these will be my first two... (possibly first of many)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Very nice SKS hunter!

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

very nice part set, I think you will be real happy with it when it is done

Feedback Score

Nice!! Looks good.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Please forgive me for asking, but you're aware that it's a milled receiver parts kit? No knock, but you will need more parts if you want to use it on a stamped receiver. Unless you're going to use a milled receiver, you'll need a front and rear trunion and a trigger guard/mag release assembly, and the stock won't work with a stamped trunion. Looks like one of the SA-93 kits. I think these were new rifles caught by the ban. They are still nice parts though.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

I've done one of those.

The stock modification was easiest done with the piece of a rear receiver, tang temporarily installed, so that as I beat the stock on and off of it, I didn't tear up a good receiver. The handiest tools for the stock modification are a set of exacto knives. A good bit of the work is to fit the steps inside the receiver.

You will need a trunnion and tang. I can't remember who's trunnion I used but I took a break cylinder hone and had to open it up just a hair.

The Brown was just a paint on the woodwork. In the process of doing the stock, I boogered it up so that it took refinishing. I did not find a shade to match; I repainted the whole thing Black.

And I thought I remembered getting the trigger guard, burnt out of the receiver bottom, with it. I think I just had to scrounge a stop.

They make a nice little rifle. Good luck!!

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

I had to go out and have a look at this one.

The stock was the chore.

A slot is required where the bottom of the receiver goes into the stock. I cut it with a hack saw blade and extended the existing line.

On the top, the tang cut starts in the same place at the rear but the angle is much deeper. The vertical cut which aligns with the back edge of the receiver sidewalls is, of course, not perpendicular with the bottom but instead with the top.

I remember using wood rasp files a great deal and they were helpful.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

23 mm barrel end , global has polish and bulgy front trunions both 23 mm. I think Winn r has a great idea of fitting the rear stock before installing the tang. If sks hunter is ready to buy the few extra parts I think he will have A very nice build when it is done.
    Winn r WHAT front trunion did you use???

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

I think Jack's got a wonderful idea of keeping records on all these things-- it would definitely save me the embarrassment of confessing all the things I don't remember.

I think I got it with a batch of stuff from AA-OK when he was trying to sell the company and was reducing the stock. In that case, it's a 23 mm German.

For those of you who can decipher this stuff: the serial number is 66T 6778 and has a K-3 proof mark inside of a circle. Other marks on the top surface are a circle, a circle in a diamond, a triangle, and a circle in a circle.

And I was wrong about having to cut the steps into the portion of the stock which fits inside the receiver. I realized when I looked, I had confused it with a RPK stock in that regard. See what I mean?

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.