Gunco Forums banner

-AMD-65 REAR TRUNION-

858 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  scheistermeister 
#1 ·
Would anyone happen to have a tutoral on milling the rear of the receiver for the side folding stock on the amd-65?
Thanks,
-Shadow-

#4 ·
BigAl said:
let me think back....i think i just inserted the trunnion as far as it would go into the receiver, marked a few straigth lines using the partially inserted rear trunnion as a guide and cut it out with a dremel and smoothed it up with a file....
That's exactly how I done mine. Only I screwed mine in place and followed the trunnion with the dremel. The trunnion is a lot tougher than dremel wheels.:)

#6 ·
I took the template and used my best judgement with the drimmel.
I've still got to fill the flat holes with my mig/weld.Then remove the rivets. But It's coming along.
I went ahead and free handed the cuts, But the template worked well to give me the insight I needed. Notice the script on the print? Gotta love "Pookie".
Thanks again jerry!
And much thanks to you guys here on "Gunco"..... :)
-Shadow-

#8 ·
insert the rear trunnion into the receiver, install your rivets or something to hold it and keep it from moving (make sure you have set the front trunnion/trigger guard and you have proper mag lock up and yuur receiver cover is going to fit), then drill your push button hole from the top using the rear trunnion as a guide. simple. can't go wrong.

on the xtra hole in the receiver, if you don't want to weld up up or can't weld up the xtra hole, get some 3/16" black nylon push pins from lowes in the fastener section. they pop right in and look exactly like rivets.

#9 ·
I used Sang's method with great results. But it requires a drill press. Harbor Freight, Sears, Tractor Supply and other places has drill presses that you can pick up for $40-$50 . But what you do, is lock your trunnion in the vise in such a way that you can still slide your reciever over it. Move your vise or table until the drill bit lines up perfectly with the hole in your trunnion and lock everything down. Then slide your reciever over the trunnion and drill. If you want to be extra careful, you can drill the hole undersized to make sure it lines up. That way if it doesn't line up, which there's no way it can't unless something moved, you can always use a dremel or a small rat tail file and finish opening the hole up in the right place.

Hope this helps.

BTW: I found Sang's thread and it has pics that will help more than my rambling. :)

http://www.gunco.net/forums/showthread.php?t=787

#10 ·
BigAl said:
insert the rear trunnion into the receiver, install your rivets or something to hold it and keep it from moving (make sure you have set the front trunnion/trigger guard and you have proper mag lock up and yuur receiver cover is going to fit), then drill your push button hole from the top using the rear trunnion as a guide. simple. can't go wrong.
damn i didnt even think of that! nice, thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.