Thread: Duracoat questions

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Default Duracoat questions

Is the Duracoat reducer absolutely necessary? How about the base color?

I tossed the idea around with the wife about having her own "custom" AK. She really likes the Electric Lavender from Lauer, and since I can't justify doing that to a tantal (purists may kiss my feet now), I think we're going to go with a WASR-2 from AIM (7.62 is a bit much for her, so 5.45 should be right up her alley). It's her rifle, and it gives me more practice on the refinishing. What's to lose right? Just your average purple AK is all.

Anyway, does one need duracoat's reducer, or can something else be used in its absence? They say a base of white is necessary for the purple application--how true is this? will it work without the base, or should I just plan on spending about $50 for the duracoat all together?

Thanks all!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I've never needed to use any reducer , Steve has them mix that stuff just right , wouldn't want you to strech out a gallon
    Will Hayden, RedJacket Firearms
    www.Redstick-Firearms.com

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

hehe thanks man. i won't be ordering till probably post-holidays, just curious so i can start planning on what all i'll need.

Feedback Score

Default Electrostatic finishing

Quote Originally Posted by armed ferret
    Is the Duracoat reducer absolutely necessary? How about the base color?
    SNIP
    Anyway, does one need duracoat's reducer, or can something else be used in its absence? SNIPPED, again
    Thanks all!

I think back to when they refinished all the furniture at work and didn't overspray anything. I have a high volage (I mean REAL high voltage) power supply and am wondering if I charge my spray gun and connect the other electrode to the AK, will I have the same thing ?

And dont' give me any redass about shocking sh8. I want to know about electrostatic stuff....

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.