DIY Parkerizing - A Caveman's View

Thread: DIY Parkerizing - A Caveman's View

Feedback Score

Thumbs up DIY Parkerizing - A Caveman's View

First a quick thanks to Pirate. I used his turorial as my guideline to my first park job last weekend. Also a quick thanks to the folks at Caswell and Jonathan over at ShootersSolutions for their excellent products.

Without going into superfluous detail, the instructions worked exactly as described "the first time". I ran a receiver for a Yugo krink build I am doing and it came out perfectly uniform except for the spot welds. A quick dunk in the Caswell's Black Oxide fixed that. I would post pics but whoop-te-doo, it looks like a perfectly parkerized receiver.

As a first timer, my only question was how much flock is produced during a run on one receiver? Using the acetone degreased SS mud pans I received what I would guess at as 3-5 tablespoons of flock (Flock me???..... flock you!) which I strained out. I strained both the grain refiner (great stuff) and the maganese solutions into their own clean containers as not to contaminate fresh solution. If I got that much flock, do I now have a gallon of totally dead park soultion?

Thanks in advance,
    Zad
    Last edited by Zadvark; 09-17-2007 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Title correction.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

I am not sure what you mean by flock? are you talking about the sediment? if so it is normal. if your solution is clean it is still good and will do a lot of parts, you just need to keep adding water to keep the mix the same, you can always add a little more solution to fresh it up.

glad you had good results the first time. the process has worked consistiently for me.

Feedback Score

Sorry but yes, I was reffering to the white fluffy sediment that looks like snow for lack of a better term. I know you all get some but I didn't have a frame of reference as to how much is too much.

Thanks again and I look forward to my next round.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I now make my own park solution so I do a bunch of parts then toss the solution when I am done. When I was buying the stuff, I poured the solution into clean pool acid bottles when I was finished. When I put it back in the tank later, I left as much sediment in the bottle as possible. The sediment is normal and doesn't seem to cause any issues with the parking.

-Yarro

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.