Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ak finishes?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I've used both Moly Resin and Duracoat. I like the fact that you dont have to mix the Moly Resin with a hardner.

Feedback Score

Default Cheap blasting cabinet

I don't have a blasting cabinet as you would know. When I have an item or two to blast, I get a clear 55 gal clear garbage bag. Put the item in, stick in the blasting gun, wrap a bungee cord over the bag around my arm and blast away. This way you can see what you are doing and it keeps the mess to a minimum. I had purchased a sand blaster many years ago from Sears and it has paid for itself many times over. Just be sure to use a water trap and drain the air tank of any accumulated water before blasting.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers356 View Post
    I don't have a blasting cabinet as you would know. When I have an item or two to blast, I get a clear 55 gal clear garbage bag. Put the item in, stick in the blasting gun, wrap a bungee cord over the bag around my arm and blast away. This way you can see what you are doing and it keeps the mess to a minimum. I had purchased a sand blaster many years ago from Sears and it has paid for itself many times over. Just be sure to use a water trap and drain the air tank of any accumulated water before blasting.
    Wouldn't the blast gun tear up the bag?

Feedback Score

Default Blasting in a bag

When I have to blast in a bag, I try to find the heaviest thickness bags. Three mil instead of one mil etc. When blasting direct the stream of abrasive at the parts and not directly at the bag. The bag will be able to handle a ricochet versus a direct hit from the abrasive stream for a while. If you don't pay attention and blast a hole through the bag, just get another one and start over.

Feedback Score

I just used a cold blue kit on a Yugo RPK and it matched perfectly with the original finsh.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

smooth.
    later jay
    Last edited by trikerjay; 12-30-2009 at 10:44 PM.

Feedback Score

+ 1 on useing Gun Kote. I's easy and puts a nice looking, durable, long lasting finish on it..

SKS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.