Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: cracked stock repair?

Feedback Score

I have a stock just like that except that piece is snapped right off. Have to drill the dowels out and replace. I would like to add a couple more dowels in the front but am unsure how to get them lined without drilling from the top of that already thin wood. Would also like suggestions on what glue to use. Wouldnt the superglue dry out too much?

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Mine cracked below the dowels, or at least I couldn't see any evidence of them when I looked into the crack. Once the stock is on the gun the area is supported very well by the receiver. Mine broke in transit with UPS while it wasn't on a receiver and the cracked area was clean and the superglue seemed to be the best thing to get into such a fine crack without opening it up more.

Feedback Score

UPS broke mine too. the only breakable thing in the package. It was replaced but I dont want to waste it.the break was clean and when I put the two pieces together you can't even see where it broke. Figure I'll use it for a second build.

Feedback Score

My PPSh-41 stock was broken in half by the UPS apes. It was shipped across town 35 miles to me !! I used slow cure epoxy for max strength. The wood was like new Birch hardwood.

VD

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.