Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: a few handguard sets ive finished

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by twa2471 View Post
    One of my favorite products for clear is the Interlux catilized spar varnish and for standard varnish Man o War spar is the best. The interlux is tough as nails and multiple layers can be done in one day it's dry in about an hour or so. But the man-o War gives a bit more depth but takes much longer to dry, one coat every couple of days, It's best if you've got that grade 3 or 4 wood you want to look saw-weet . Spray guns can be obtained from your local NAPA store or any other good parts store that handles body shop supplys for around $30. Just be sure to get a fine tip like a 1 or so, stay away from a 2 as there more for primers and heaver viscosity paints. A used spray gun is not a good idea, nothing worse than beeing on your last coat and have a "spit" that causes a run, then it's a pain to sand out and make it look right.
    ive heard of the stuff-never thought about using it for wood though
    but then again i would imagine it would be tuff as nails
    i know what you mean about used spray guns-i borrowed one once and i was better off just buying a new one-i had to re-do a quater panel because of it
    im meteculous about my stuff-allways clean up after im done and never loaned it out
    i would like to get just a cheaper one just for my stock projects and keep the more expensive one for my body work
    Thanks for the tip!
    Keep the change-I just want my Country back!!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Yea the interlux is a marine product, it's a spar type varnish, just 2 part catalist in it, it's Awsome for quick completion of a project. Just be carefull of fumes, very hazerdous as any other catilized product.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

No prob.Yea the interlux is a marine product, it's a spar type varnish, just 2 part catalist in it, it's Awsome for quick completion of a project. Just be carefull of fumes, very hazerdous as any other catilized product is. opps double clicked AGAIN

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by twa2471 View Post
    No prob.Yea the interlux is a marine product, it's a spar type varnish, just 2 part catalist in it, it's Awsome for quick completion of a project. Just be carefull of fumes, very hazerdous as any other catilized product is. opps double clicked AGAIN
    theres a couple of marineas out by me i can ask the guys there if they have a sample i can borrow-oh yea as with any painting and such i allways use a well ventilated area-i need the rest of my brain cells!
    Keep the change-I just want my Country back!!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

After 25+ years in the marine busness and all that gel-coat and varnish work I'm not really sure if I got any bcells left !!!! One other hint on the Interlux, I've brush applyed it with less than steller results, very had to get it even as it leves a very thin film unlike the heavy viscosity varnishes. It's more like an automotive clear,it dosn't depend on "build" for results, so for real, spray it. I think I mentioned before it dosn't seem to have the depth as it is very clear, the Man-o-War has the varnish color with higher build thickness equating to a deeper looking finish, but much slower drying.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.