Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Refinishing Romanian stocks

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I just want add to my 2 cents about stripping the furniture. I have a Romy stock that I wanted to take all of the finish off of. So I started out with a furniture stripper. That worked but it was becoming a slow process. I wanted to try something was easy and wasn't so hard on the hands and lungs.
    I noticed some OXY-CLEAN in the laundry room. I mixed some up with water.
    2 teaspoons with 12 oz's water. I brushed it onto the stock and let it sit for a short while. The mixture started turning brown each time I applied it. Anyhow
    here are the results:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by iamiwa
    Just wanted to show off my refinished Rommy stocks...

that finish probably sets off the grain better than any i've ever seen...awesome!!

The Gun Nut of Gun Nuts noonanda's Avatar
    Feedback Score

here are some crappy pics of my 2 refinished romies. I was originally going to go blonde or a honey maple on one of em, but after trying some red mahogany on one, I decided to do them both this way. I used RTO's oxyclean method, they looked like twins of his, and here they are after a couple coats of tung oil.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Noonanda
    GySgt USMC

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence
    on those who would do us harm _ George Orwell

"I Like Marines, because being a Marine is a serious business. We're not a social club or fraternal organization and we don't pretend to be one. We're a Brotherhood of "WARRIORS", Nothing more, Nothing less, Pure and Simple. We are in the Ass-Kicking Business, and Unfortunately, these days business is good." COL J.M. LOWE, USMC 2004

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by RTO68-69 View Post
    I just want add to my 2 cents about stripping the furniture. I have a Romy stock that I wanted to take all of the finish off of. So I started out with a furniture stripper. That worked but it was becoming a slow process. I wanted to try something was easy and wasn't so hard on the hands and lungs.
    I noticed some OXY-CLEAN in the laundry room. I mixed some up with water.
    2 teaspoons with 12 oz's water. I brushed it onto the stock and let it sit for a short while. The mixture started turning brown each time I applied it. Anyhow
    here are the results:
    Did you strip the shellac before using the Oxyclean if so how? How long did you let the Oxyclean sit on the wood? How many aplications to get the stock as pictured? Did you rinse the wood? Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

ROOSKI

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.