Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Speculation on AWB

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Understood Jack. I appreciate your words of advice. Sometimes during my lonely boring days at work I think of these hypothetical situations.

Feedback Score

Actually, the govt does not have to prove you made the item before the ban. It is an illegal item and it is up to you to prove that it is not. That being said, no prosecutor wants to waste time bringing you to court to look stupid after you waive the "proof".
    Keep those records!

Feedback Score

Question WHAT THE .........

Let me understand this AWB. When this expires we will be able to let our stocks fold as long as we still maintain the compliance parts. The Ak's we built prior to the expiration of the AWB will still not be allowed?(to fold) Your saying the ones built this week, all we would have to do is make record of it being built after the ban expires or that day and were ok? Like putting a serial number on it and starting the number with the day the ban expires and then some odd #'s? What kind of records would we have to keep on the gun if the ban is activated again? The serial #'s would bail us out? Wouldnt you have to register it the day the ban expires just in case the law is activated again in the future? All I know is that I would like my preferred weapon(AK) to have a folding stock and be legal. Can anyone help explain this. I have confused myself in the process of writing this.LOL

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by likemopar
    Actually, the govt does not have to prove you made the item before the ban. It is an illegal item and it is up to you to prove that it is not. That being said, no prosecutor wants to waste time bringing you to court to look stupid after you waive the "proof".
    Keep those records!

I must have missed something in law school. I was taught that you were inocent until proven guilty. Hmmmm.
    Be sure to check out:
    www.warroom.com
    and
    www.michaelsavage.com

What ever it is I'm against it.
    Always question authority.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mbadboyz
    Let me understand this AWB. When this expires we will be able to let our stocks fold as long as we still maintain the compliance parts. The Ak's we built prior to the expiration of the AWB will still not be allowed?(to fold) Your saying the ones built this week, all we would have to do is make record of it being built after the ban expires or that day and were ok? Like putting a serial number on it and starting the number with the day the ban expires and then some odd #'s? What kind of records would we have to keep on the gun if the ban is activated again? The serial #'s would bail us out? Wouldnt you have to register it the day the ban expires just in case the law is activated again in the future? All I know is that I would like my preferred weapon(AK) to have a folding stock and be legal. Can anyone help explain this. I have confused myself in the process of writing this.LOL

Read the AWB, when it sunsets, it is like it never existed. No law, no preban-post ban, no fixed fold, no more bad bayo lug, no more threaded barrel problems. The purpose of record keeping is help show how you complied with the law. When the law sunsets, you don't have to keep records, at least until the ass holes try to take our rights away again. Then it will be a new ball game from that point forward not backward. Jack
    Be sure to check out:
    www.warroom.com
    and
    www.michaelsavage.com

Feedback Score

Yeah...I think thats where everyone was getting confused. Very well put and I did find that on the site after further reading. Thanks for the help!

Mark

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Mark, glad I could be of assistance. Even as a lawyer this stuff still gets confusing to me. Jack
    Be sure to check out:
    www.warroom.com
    and
    www.michaelsavage.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.