Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I have to move and own a SBR. What responsibilities?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SangRun Hunter
    What DrugRunR said.

As long as the state you are moving to allows SBR. I think Washington, Jersey, Michigan, and of course Kali don't allow SBR IIRC.

Be sure to follow up by looking up the state firearms laws in their internet site.
    Niether does ILL-ANNOYS.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by noonanda
    Some states also have excemptions for active duty military PCS'ing under orders. Like me, I get to take my "EVIL AK-47" to the very home of the anti-gun demons, the Peoples republic of California. I have to register it and do some BS paperwork, and that costs like 80 dollars, but it is a off to the heads in charge out there. Plus I have a letter from the Asst attorney General saying that I can take Hi-cap mags (30rd mags) and convert them to Low Cap (10rders) while still looking like a 30 rd mag. so another big off to them
    oh hell yah!!!

that freakin rocks!!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Things may have changed as I have been out of the machine for 20 years. When I was in I was stationed in WA. (Ft. Lewis). I just kept my NFA weapon in the arms room. The JAG office said that as long as I didn't take my NFA off of the post it was stored in accordance with federal law.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Leadvagas
    Things may have changed as I have been out of the machine for 20 years. When I was in I was stationed in WA. (Ft. Lewis). I just kept my NFA weapon in the arms room. The JAG office said that as long as I didn't take my NFA off of the post it was stored in accordance with federal law.
    the only problem being that the SP's love to play with guns that don't belong to them. I had firearms stored in the armory when I was living in the dorms. They were cleaned and oiled when i turned them in. When i took them out, they had been fired and not cleaned. of course nobody was man enough to admit they had used someone else's property without permission. i'll keep my thoughts about the Security Forces members here at offutt to myself. needless to say they're not happy feelings.

The Gun Nut of Gun Nuts noonanda's Avatar
    Feedback Score

I have heard stories of armorers screwing with (ie Assembly/disassembly) peoples personal weapons inside the armory, but never it getting fired. I would kick somones ass then, that is personal not government property they are F'in with.
    Noonanda
    GySgt USMC

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence
    on those who would do us harm _ George Orwell

"I Like Marines, because being a Marine is a serious business. We're not a social club or fraternal organization and we don't pretend to be one. We're a Brotherhood of "WARRIORS", Nothing more, Nothing less, Pure and Simple. We are in the Ass-Kicking Business, and Unfortunately, these days business is good." COL J.M. LOWE, USMC 2004

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

i'm with you 100%. only problem is, i had no verifiable proof that it was completely cleaned and oiled prior to my storage. basically the SFS commander was doing everything in his power to keep me from raising a flag about the way they're conducting themselves.

through a friend from high school who happens to now be stationed here and a member of the SFS, i have learned the individual responsible. I'm getting all my ducks in a row and will be contacting him about it in due time. I'll try the reasonable, level-headed approach first. if it doesn't get results within about 30 seconds, i might lose my cool a little. we'll see.

Feedback Score

Default Moving with an SBR

All you have to do is fill out a 5320.20 and mark for each NFA firearm to update the ATF with the new address in advance of taking the items across state lines. You may download information on this at ATF Form 20 - 5320.20 Application to Transport NFA Firearms
    David Goldman
    Gun Trust Lawyer Website Jacksonville Estate Planning Website
    904-685-1200 1-877-7GUN-LAW

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I am in the military too. I have decided that I will store my weapons should I need to go to an occupied territory. While the form is simple enough, some states are completely No SBR territory, and rather than piss around it's easier to not bring the "offending" weapons into that state.

Mark

Feedback Score

Default Type of ownership

Just make sure you do not create any legal issues for yourself or the others in the form of an unauthorized transfer or constructive possession of the firearms that would allow a forfeiture of the firearms and / or jail time for either of you. Its easier to solve this problem with a business entity or trust as the owner and more difficult as an individual owner of the firearms.

Here is some information on constructive possession of NFA firearms.
    David Goldman
    Gun Trust Lawyer Website Jacksonville Estate Planning Website
    904-685-1200 1-877-7GUN-LAW

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Trust Lawyer View Post
    Just make sure you do not create any legal issues for yourself or the others in the form of an unauthorized transfer or constructive possession of the firearms that would allow a forfeiture of the firearms and / or jail time for either of you. Its easier to solve this problem with a business entity or trust as the owner and more difficult as an individual owner of the firearms.

Here is some information on constructive possession of NFA firearms.

LOL, I aim to have that issue taken care of... I am sending the wife to Georgetown Law... Hopefully in a few short years she'll be able to keep me out of trouble.

Mark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.