Importing
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Importing

Feedback Score

Default Importing

I have a source for cheap Zastava M92s, but I'm concerned about importing into the US. I know I have to act before the barrel ban, rifles must be cut per ATF regulations, some parts can't be shipped (auto sear and rate reducer). Is there anything I should know? I only wanted to buy 5-20 rifles for myself and some friends. Do I have to declare them to customs or can I just have them shipped like a regular package? Will the boxes be inspected? This would probably slow down my shipment greatly. Any info would be appreciated (especially proper cutting points for the receiver); I THINK I know where they should be cut, but I want to be SURE!

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Welcome erebus!

Run into any good deals involving Nigerian banks?
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Well..... You normally have to fill out a form 6 to import and then it has to be approved by the state department and the ATF. By the time you get all thet done it will be too late before Decmeber 31st when the ban goes into effect. That is if you could get it done! They are no longer approving any more form 6's for kit importation and the reason the ban was extended is to get what in in the docklet through.

The other way to go about it is to take the barrels out and separate all the parts. I have heard there is some loop hole about doing it all that way, but don't count on it and you will still have to go through the customs stuff.

Feedback Score

To save on shipping cost and other fees. Have the package sent directly to the new BATF office in WV. That way they wont come knocking on your door to get it back.

Or Legally file your form 6 and wait for a 100% "Denied" response before buying the kits.

However, other parts of a firearm can still be imported (no reciever, barrel) with the proper form 6 filed.

Feedback Score

Ouch! Seems the idea came to me a little late. I was hoping that a kit would be no trouble to import since it doesn't constitute a firearm. Forgive my naivete, there's a difficult maze of legal issues to navigate, and being a layperson, it's a bit daunting. Is there a site that provides a distillation of federal firearm laws I can understand?
    ---
    To Winn R: Screw you! I'm not an f'ing moron. And it's not as if you were born knowing everything there is to know about weapons. I'm sure you've asked your fair share of stupid questions.

A friend of mine bought an M76 in SCG for $100 last summer. The M92s are floating around as well, anyone can get there hands on one for about $150US and local law enforcement either doesn't care or has more important things to deal with than local farmers shooting into the air at parties.

Don't be a smart-ass, it's my first post.
    ---
    I was initially irritated at having a fully functioning rifle cut up in order to ship here, and now hearing I'd have to leave the barrel behind as well has dashed all hope.

Ah well, thanks for the input - looks like I'm back to the drawing board.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by erebus
    Ouch! Seems the idea came to me a little late. I was hoping that a kit would be no trouble to import since it doesn't constitute a firearm. Forgive my naivete, there's a difficult maze of legal issues to navigate, and being a layperson, it's a bit daunting. Is there a site that provides a distillation of federal firearm laws I can understand?
    ---
    To Winn R: Screw you! I'm not an f'ing moron. And it's not as if you were born knowing everything there is to know about weapons. I'm sure you've asked your fair share of stupid questions.

A friend of mine bought an M76 in SCG for $100 last summer. The M92s are floating around as well, anyone can get there hands on one for about $150US and local law enforcement either doesn't care or has more important things to deal with than local farmers shooting into the air at parties.

Don't be a smart-ass, it's my first post.
    ---
    I was initially irritated at having a fully functioning rifle cut up in order to ship here, and now hearing I'd have to leave the barrel behind as well has dashed all hope.

Ah well, thanks for the input - looks like I'm back to the drawing board.

Sorry about Winn R, we had a rash of trolls over the last few months and your questions looked like something weird to me at first too.

Anyway, yes it is a maze to get through. I would try call the BATFE and using their website, but calling would be best. When I said take the barrel out I meant shipping it seperate. I hear that many of these companies who import were able to bring just barrels in quickly by going around the regular importation thing.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

The restriction has been imposed on any form 6 submitted after September of this year. All military gun parts have to be imported by a licensed importer also. The cost of the license and associated taxes is very high. I tried to import some parts from NZ several years back and had the form 6 denied. The attached letter said that all military gun parts must be imported by a licensed importer. I had an 01 FFL at the time.
    Freedom is not free. Some will perish to preserve it for the many. Just as our Forefathers did before us, we must take up the battle and not waver. Victory is our only option.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

And I'll apologize myself. I've seen the offer before -- you can get in on the ground floor importing some kits from a friend of mine in St Pete. Looked the same.
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score

Well, I've never heard of that scam, so maybe I jumped the gun a bit. I wasn't looking for investors, just a little advice.

My parents are Jugoslavian, I visit fairly frequently. My friend's cousins were going to buy a few M92s for us, cut them up, and mail them here. My friend and I could only scrounge together money enough for twenty rifles; we're both poor college students.

I was hoping to keep a couple kits for myself and recoup the cost of purchase, shipping, and labor. I saw M92 kits on sale on Centerfire Systems for $450 a few weeks ago and $520 now, I figured I could turn a tidy profit. I had no idea you had to be an importer, have an FFL, fill out any forms - it's all a huge headache I'd like to forget. I'm really bummed I'll not get my hands on any of those rifles. Thanks anyway, gentlemen.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Don't give up so easily. You can secure an importer. I know a good one in Va. His name is John Appleton and he has a website. The length of time it takes is cumbersome. I bought a couple of rifles from New Zealand. It took two and a half years to get the paperwork done and get the rifles here.
    John Appleton
    When I got my rifles, his fee was $100 per rifle.
    Freedom is not free. Some will perish to preserve it for the many. Just as our Forefathers did before us, we must take up the battle and not waver. Victory is our only option.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.