Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: building an M92 Krink to be legal

Feedback Score

Exclamation building an M92 Krink to be legal

i live in Mn.
    im building 2 AK pistol kits a Krink M92 Yugo and an Hungarinan AMD 65 pistol
    i bought AUSA recivers for pistols not long guns
    here are the questions

when i build then both can i leave the side fold and underfold stocks on them.........
    do i have to silver solder the threaded barrol to the compacaders.........
    do i need 5 or 10 US compliant parts in them......
    if im going to the range can i have imported mags. with me if i have my imported MADDI with me..........

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

if you are building a pistol:

you cannot have a stock or way to attach a stock
    you do not need USA parts
    you do not have to attach the brakes
    you can use any mag you want

check your local and county laws too...

Feedback Score

Exclamation

I called the local ATF and he couldnt give me an answer he would just read off 2 or 3 sections of the law but would say yes or no. And to me its hard to understand if i dont know all the trems he is using. And he didnt understand what guns i was talking about.

the AMD 65 has a side fold and two pistal grip the one in front of the barrol is the second grip is it ok to leave on.......
    i know people build guns with underfold stocks ,,,,where can i use my underfold,,,,,
    if i build a Romanian with a 16 inch barrol can i use the underfold.......
    where do people put underfolds on........
    how come its ok to put the clapsable stock on an uzi but not a YUGO M92.........
    If i fillout FORM 1 for that ATF for a SBR can then i put an underfold stock.

Sorry for so many ?'s but i want to stay legal. thanks for you help.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by vjgordo; 12-23-2005 at 11:07 AM.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

A pistol build will require you to keep the stock off the gun, if it has a stock on it, it is a rifle under federal law and must have a 16" minimum bbl length to be a legal "normal" rifle. Also, you will have to remove the forward pistol grip on the AMD on a pistol build, ATF says 2 grips on a pistol makes it an AOW, which is an NFA firearm requiring registration and taxes paid. A normal pistol build will require no US parts. Having imported mags with your Maadi depends on whether or not the 922(r) parts count on the Maadi requires US mags or not. If it does, that is a grey area in the law and could go either way.

If you want a stock on a short bbl rifle you have two choices, weld or otherwise permanently attach something (long flashhider/muzzlebrake/fake silencer) to make the length over 16". It will also require enough US made parts to keep you under the 922(r) parts count limit of 10.

The other choice is to fill out the NFA paperwork (Form 1) and pay the tax to make an SBr and register it before you build it. Once that paperwork is approved, you just build it with the stock and short bbl. No US parts required on NFA firearms.

If you have another rifle with a bbl longer than 16" such as a Romanian, it is perfectly fine to attach a folder stock to it.

Feedback Score

The Uzi semi carbine meets the definition of a "rifle"
    It has a 16" barrel with a overall length of 26" with stock extended and was designed to be fired from the shoulder.

The M92 does not meet the definition of a Rifle or pistol at present , form the pic above.
    NFA items do not meet the definition of a rifle or pistol.
    Only rifles banned from import, need to be 922r compliance.

Feedback Score

Exclamation

ok thank you for the info

if i put the underfold on Romanian becasue it has a 16 inch barrol it can also have the front pistal grip....am i correct in saying this?

how long does it take from start to finish if i use Form 1 . how much money is it.
    can i build it as a rifle with the inderfold and then send out FORM 1 in about 3 month if i change my mindand want it as a SBR

thnaksfor all the good info that the ATF coulndnt give me

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vjgordo
    ok thank you for the info

if i put the underfold on Romanian becasue it has a 16 inch barrol it can also have the front pistal grip....am i correct in saying this?
    yes you are correct

Quote Originally Posted by vjgordo

how long does it take from start to finish if i use Form 1 . how much money is it.
    can i build it as a rifle with the inderfold and then send out FORM 1 in about 3 month if i change my mindand want it as a SBR
    it takes on the average 4-6 months for a apporoved form 1 to come back, mine took 5 months from i mailed the forms to when I got the approved form one back.....and you have to pay a 200 dollar tax to make it a SBR, and yes while the form is in the systems you can shoot it as a non-NFA weapon, and then when you get the apporved form you can make it into a SBR.

unlike non-NFA AKs, that have to have US parts in them, NFA weapons don't.......so don't throw away the original trigger group, disconnector, hammer and trigger, you can take the rate reducer off the hammer and replace the US trigger parts with those..

if you do decide to go the NFA route, first check to see if your local community does not have a law against owning it, a trip to your local library and looking under the codified ordinaces will tell you....if all is good, you will need the following forms.........

2- form 1s, 5320-1, with your local CLEO signature.......that is where most people hit the brick wall, some chiefs will not sign any NFA forms, regardless if there isn't a state or local law against you owning a NFA weapon

2- 2x2 inch passport photos......I went to one of those photo both kios in a mall for mine

2- FD-258 fingerprint cards, blue lined ones,

2- certificate of compliance forms 5330-20 (citizenship)

mail it all out with 200 bucks and sit back and wait.

you can order all of the forms from the ATF from their website, I got mine forms in less then a week after submitting my request

http://www.atf.gov/dcof/index.htm
    "I can make this march, and make georgia howl!"

Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman

Feedback Score

oboy that about answers my ?'s thanks again this was alot of help.

Lurking Troll Camper UrbanCountryBumpkin's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Wow, what a great link to ATF website to have everything i need shipped right to me. There might be a SBR Krink in my future this year yet!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

An SBR AK falls under 642.712 as it is an AK variant so does an AK pistol. (Minnesota state law makes no distinction between a rifle and a SBR as defined by federal law; In Minnesota anything that has a stock and is not a shotgun or machinegun is a rifle.). So you would require a Transferee permit for assault weapons from the local Sheriff or Chief of police. You would have to get that before you could receive the AK recievers that you plan on using to make an SBR, so you probably would want to do that at the same time you attempt to get your law enforcement signature on your Form1. Making your own receiver would probably be a violation of the law unless you had a Transferee permit, but that depends on how a judge would interprete the law.

As far as I can tell Minnesota law is:
    Need permit to receive/transfer handguns.
    Need permit to receive/transfer military style assault weapons.
    Has concealed weapons permit, but is not shall issue.
    No Sliencers (Note, there was no law enforcement exception in the statute!)
    C&R only MGs (Law enforcement agencies /military exempt)
    C&R only Shotguns with barrel less than 18" (Law enforcement agencies/military exempt)
    Destructive devices OK
    SBRs OK

-Yarro

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.