Thread: Pistol front grip?

Feedback Score

Default Pistol front grip?

Okay, I'm trying to better understand the definition of a pistol in regards to an AK build. My specific question is in regards to the front handguard. Is it true that it have a vertical front grip under federal law? So to use a vertical front grip on a short barrell does it have to be registered as an SBR?

Also, if the pistol uses an unmodified front handguard will you catch flack having a spare vertical grip in your spare parts collection?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

My understanding is that a "pistol" has to be designed to be used with one hand so a foreward pistol grip would not be acceptable.

Feedback Score

with a vertical grip it has to be taxed as a aow. $200 if you install it yourself or $5 if a licenced sot installs it for you. crazy laws!!!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Its not really about how many hands you use to shoot it most ak pistols and other high power single shot hunting pistols are shot with two hands one on the front horzontal hand guard. In fact I think you could shoot it with your toes if you felt like it
    Simply put you can not have a VERTICAL grip on a pistol or a provision for having one. as far as having a vertical grip laying around there is no law that I know of against it. HOWEVER if they can prove intent you may be in hot water and even if they cant prove it you cant aford to fight it in court. I keep all my spare parts away from my completed guns and deffinatly dont ever have them in the same case.
    With that being said I recently looked at the new Rugger 10-22 pistol. it ocured to me with the factry installed 6" biepod folded in a verticl position and the legs together that it can very easly be used as a vertical grip???????? HMMM wonder what they will say when some gets caught shooting it that way???

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.