Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: how long for S.B.R forms?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Default how long for S.B.R forms?

hey guy's, how long should it take to recieve your S.B.R forms after you order them? requested mine 30 days ago today. long enough? is it time to reorder them? Tom.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Back-Ordered... ATF out of fingerprint cards... You're in the queue.

Mark

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

I have some spare forms if you need some. PM me. Screw the fingerprints. Go trust!

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by chipmechanic View Post
    I have some spare forms if you need some. PM me. Screw the fingerprints. Go trust!
    ??? Duh...Whuuut?
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by NFA Handbook
    5.2.1.1 Definition of “person” for NFA purposes. For purposes of the NFA, “person” is defined as a “partnership, company, association, trust, estate, or corporation, as well as a natural person.”
    So, set up a simple trust and paper the NFA item in the trust's name. You can't fingerprint a trust, the BATF know this, and so there's no need for fingerprints.

I'm guessing chipmechanic has more complete info on this, but that's the skinny.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Sounds like the way to go. Unfortunatly I don't think I'm getting my 74su from Sportsmans guide. dammit.Back order changed three times now.dammit
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Back orders were the straw that broke my SG back. Doubt I'll ever shop there again because of a website that shows product "In Stock" for months on end while my order from that same page is eternally backordered.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Pick up or download a copy of quicken willmaker. Then form a revocable living trust. Its like a will. The program walks you though everything. Takes less than an hour. Make yourself the executor of the trust. Then take it down and get it notarized.
    Then decide what you want to build or buy. If you want to build an SBR fill out an ATF Form 1 to build a short barreled rifle. send it in with a copy of your trust paperwork naming the trust as the builder and owner. Remember to send in a schedule A or list of property assigned to the trust.It doesnt actually have to have anything on it but they do require that. Also include a citizenship form. As the trust executor you have complete control and use privileges. You dont need to send fingerprints or pictures or get a signoff from your sheriff or ANYONE else. There is no background check...nada...zip. None of that normal NFA stuff.

When you get the paperwork back add the item you intend to build to the trusts list of property . Your done. Build the SBR and engrave it with "your name trust, your city, your state"

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

actually I am going the trust method. I did however order both forms and the fingerprint cards. so I still need the 2 other forms even going the trust route correct? so do I just reorder just the 2 forms and get them quiker? How soon? or just wait untill they get cards and they send me everthing I am waiting for? Tom

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Order as many of the Form 1's and citizenship forms as you like. When theyget around to sending it out is anyones guess. FWIW I'm hearing about 4-8 week trust form 1 and 4 processing times these days once theycash your check. I've had them take 2-3 months . There have been times when it took 6 months. You don't need the fingerprint cards but you do need the new Form 1's. Citizenship form is required even though a trust isnt technically a citizen.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.