in a publicly released "white paper" that the issue of Barack Obama's
    eligibility to be president could become a "flashpoint" in the United
    States.

Find out the latest right now at WND.com:
    Analyst warns eligibility could become flashpoint

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Default We have to have gun control

IMO we have to have some sort of gun control.....I do believe in our right to bare arms, However the truth is Some of us should not be able to have a weapon that can take another life...the problem I see with being able to build an unregistered weapon is, Anyone old enough to purchase a money order, mentally Stable or not, can get online purchase everything he or she needs and get the info to build a weapon to kill.....I know this because when I bought my first AK kit, No questions were asked and in a few days I had everything I needed....I will give you an example.....Lets say "mikey" the 16 year old kid 3 houses down from you...seems like a nice kid but keeps to himself, has trouble making friends....Was teased as a kid in school....hate has been building inside him since grade school.....Gets on one of many sites selling gun parts kits, Saves the money and buys everything he needs, gets all the build info he needs....When he is ready goes down to the park where your 2 children or grandchildren are playing and just mows them down......This is why we need gun control.....Not to take away yours or my rights......But how else do we weed out the "wackos" If we do not have regulations??

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

There will always be (wackos) to deal with.Mikey can just as easyly put something in the water or gas a bunch of people.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by ak47paul View Post
    IMO we have to have some sort of gun control.....I do believe in our right to bare arms, However the truth is Some of us should not be able to have a weapon that can take another life...the problem I see with being able to build an unregistered weapon is, Anyone old enough to purchase a money order, mentally Stable or not, can get online purchase everything he or she needs and get the info to build a weapon to kill.....I know this because when I bought my first AK kit, No questions were asked and in a few days I had everything I needed....I will give you an example.....Lets say "mikey" the 16 year old kid 3 houses down from you...seems like a nice kid but keeps to himself, has trouble making friends....Was teased as a kid in school....hate has been building inside him since grade school.....Gets on one of many sites selling gun parts kits, Saves the money and buys everything he needs, gets all the build info he needs....When he is ready goes down to the park where your 2 children or grandchildren are playing and just mows them down......This is why we need gun control.....Not to take away yours or my rights......But how else do we weed out the "wackos" If we do not have regulations??
    i understand what your saying,but "the wackos" will stil get what thay need
    regulation will slow them down but not stop them,and as soon as you let law makers pass one law then thay start working on the next and be for you know it you have no more rights left

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Yep, lets control the guns. The last major incident involved box cutters and air planes, the next could very well be gasoline or trucks in a tunnel. Sure lets control the guns, right after we give up our rights as free men; in my opinion, save your serf thinking, for those such as yourself who are willing to give up liberty for a little security... you deserve neither.
    MOLON LABE !!!!!

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. --Benjemin Franklin

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. -- Sigmund Freud

TO vote for the lesser of two evils , is to still vote for evil.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

In the example you provided "mikey" has already made an illegal firearm because he is under 18, I'm assuming he had ammo so there's another law he has violated, I'm sure the park is a gun free zone, and finally murdering people is surely illegal. Do you honestly believe that one more law will prevent a criminal from acting out the evil in their heart? There are already laws and especially gun laws to cover just about any act deemed wrong by society. More laws will just take away from the freedoms of the law abiding and do nothing to seriously hinder criminal activity.
    Last edited by moleman; 05-21-2009 at 03:19 PM.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

This is why we need gun control.....Not to take away yours or my rights......But how else do we weed out the "wackos" If we do not have regulations??
    Tell me, how's that been working out so far? Seems like "wackos" never seem to have a problem getting armed.

What regulation is gonna stop someone from building a gun in their basement? Tell me, how will a law prevent a "nutcase" from building a weapon, or a bomb, or any other destructive device?

IT WON'T

Mark

Feedback Score

Better hide all the kitchen knives from little Johnny too, and don't forget to hide the baseball bat while your at it, little Johnny might kill some one with them.

If some one is intent on doing harm there are a 1000 different ways to do it without a gun.
    Rome is burning.Buck Ofama

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

other countries have bombings instead. 'wackos" could easy go to bombs or worse. those kind of people will allways find a way to do their evil.
    suicide shooter - suicide bomber same thing, you can not legislate out evil.
    I am off the page for extended times due to job requirements, not gone forever

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

The thing you've got to realize Paul is that we don't live in a perfect world. Once you proceed from that premise you will tend to make better decisions.

The problems with leftists (I refuse to call them "liberal" since there is nothing liberal - i.e. respecting personal liberty, individual rights, limited government - classical liberalism in other words - in their agenda) is that they think if they just had the right people in power (themselves of course) and the right rules in place we'd live in some sort of utopia. The pursuit of this sort of utopia will always naturally lead to authoritarianism. Because, no matter what laws you put in place, bad things are still going to happen. When this happens, the response of the leftist is to put more restrictive laws in place, because obviously the prior laws were too loose.

Once you accept this is an imperfect world, you are only left with choosing amongst imperfect options. Personally, I would rather live in a country that respected individual liberty and limited government and yes, where some people that possibly shouldn't have access to guns do. That is one of the prices of freedom.

Just remember, a government that can deny someone the right to own a gun because they are "mentally unbalanced" might decide that you are mentally unbalanced if you don't support their political agenda. In fact, we have already seen leftist in the academic world attempt to classify conservatism as a mental illness.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.