Thread: Call senators now

Feedback Score

Default Call senators now

Official: President wants Latin American arms trafficking treaty | Front page | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle
    Obama wants to force ratification of this treaty:
    INTER-AMERICAN CONVENTION AGAINST THE ILLICIT MANUFACTURING OF AND TRAFFICKING IN FIREARMS, AMMUNITION, EXPLOSIVES, AND OTHER RELATED MATERIALS
    Here is a quote from it:
    "Illicit manufacturing": the manufacture or assembly of firearms, ammunition, explosives, and other related materials:
    a. from components or parts illicitly trafficked; or
    b. without a license from a competent governmental authority of the State Party where the manufacture or assembly takes place; or
    c. without marking the firearms that require marking at the time of manufacturing"
    That means we can not reload with out a license or build our own guns without a license. Write and call your senators now.
    Lloyd

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

If this barak hussane guy gets his way, the right wing terrorists we've been reading about are going to be considered international terrorists.
    DAMN MAW, we hit the big time!!!!

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

RECOGNIZING that states have developed different cultural and historical uses for firearms, and that the purpose of enhancing international cooperation to eradicate illicit transnational trafficking in firearms is not intended to discourage or diminish lawful leisure or recreational activities such as travel or tourism for sport shooting, hunting, and other forms of lawful ownership and use recognized by the States Parties;

RECALLING that States Parties have their respective domestic laws and regulations in the areas of firearms, ammunition, explosives, and other related materials, and recognizing that this Convention does not commit States Parties to enact legislation or regulations pertaining to firearms ownership, possession, or trade of a wholly domestic character, and recognizing that States Parties will apply their respective laws and regulations in a manner consistent with this Convention;
    INTER-AMERICAN CONVENTION AGAINST THE ILLICIT MANUFACTURING OF AND TRAFFICKING IN FIREARMS, AMMUNITION, EXPLOSIVES, AND OTHER RELATED MATERIALS

Sounds like a standard lead-in to an international treaty, one which specifically states it respects domestic custom and law. IMO, this is not a treaty that will threaten domestic firearms use or manufacture, or ammunition and its manufacture - whether commercially or by private individuals.

I'll decline ranting to my elected officials about this one.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score

Yes it says we can still use them; however, we can no longer handload or make our own weopons without a license. Your quote is about"regulations pertaining to firearms ownership, possession, or trade of a wholly domestic character."

The part that I am worried about says"
    For the purposes of this Convention, the following definitions shall apply:
    1. "Illicit manufacturing": the manufacture or assembly of firearms, ammunition, explosives, and other related materials:
    a. from components or parts illicitly trafficked; or
    b. without a license from a competent governmental authority of the State Party where the manufacture or assembly takes place; or
    c. without marking the firearms that require marking at the time of manufacturing.
    That is quite clear, no handloading or homebuilding without a special occupational tax. There is an "or" after each item not an "and".

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Domestic and illicit manufacture aren't the same. If you want to equate the two, it's your choice.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score

It says we can use them. It address "firearms ownership, possession, or trade of a wholly domestic character " in your quote not manufacture. It clearly defines illicit manufacturing of guns and ammo as not having a license. The "or" means it is read as follows.

Illicit manufacturing"(is defined as): the manufacture or assembly of firearms, ammunition without a license from a competent governmental authority of the State Party where the manufacture or assembly takes place.

If you hand load or build without a license you are an illicit manufacture.

Lloyd

Feedback Score

Well I guess I'm an Illicit manufacturer

Hot Digity Damn
    Agent762

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.