Thread: Mcdonald, Heller and 922r

Feedback Score

Default Mcdonald, Heller and 922r

I was wondering is there any discussion as to what the Supreme court rullings
    might mean to 922 r and importation rules If you can not ban handguns for any legal purpose how can you ban parts or rifles based on the " no sporting purpose" language? If anyone has input or comment please share.

Thank you
    Ray

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Importation of rifles and parts has little connection legally with domestic possession of firearms. The right to keep and bear arms refers to arms already in the U.S., not in the hands of a foreign broker.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by sjohnson View Post
    Importation of rifles and parts has little connection legally with domestic possession of firearms. The right to keep and bear arms refers to arms already in the U.S., not in the hands of a foreign broker.
    sjohnson
    my point was that certain rifle are banned for importation there by limiting you decision to choose and the whole reason for blocking their importation is based on the notion that they serve no sporting purpose anyone who reads McDonold or Heller should understand that sport is not the only reason to own a firearm in fact hunting or sport really have nothing to do with the 2nd amendment. Therfor if you believe that Heller and McDonald affirm the 2nd amnedment as an individual right to keep and bear arms not rifles for "sporting purpose" how can that language pass constitutional muster?

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by sjohnson View Post
    A well regulated militia being nececssary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

I see nowere it refers to the origins of the firearm, It does not say only guns that are already in the U.S. It is a declaration of our rights not referal wich guns we can or can not own weather they are domestic or imported.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.