Thread: Century Arms Furniture Swap 922r

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default Century Arms Furniture Swap 922r

If I swap the Romy wood furniture on a WASR 10 for Bulgy wood furniture I'm ok since both wood of foreign origin, right? Or is my understanding of 922r completely off?

I was also thinking of swapping the crappy poly furniture on the Century AK 74 for some Bulgarian wood furniture. Is that legit? I remember reading that these rifles have enough US made parts already, so this act would not constitute a 922r conflict.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

You can have as many US parts as you like, so long as you don't have over 10 foreign ones (from the list [you know where to find it]).

You'll be fine on the WASR, Century leaves the fine Romanian wood in place for all to admire.

Swapping the "crappy poly furniture" on the Century AK74 may require some more questions. Is it Tapco furniture (first thing that came to mind)? Original Bulgarian poly military furniture (if it's this, it's not crappy - maybe just not to your tastes)?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nalioth View Post
    You can have as many US parts as you like, so long as you don't have over 10 foreign ones (from the list [you know where to find it]).

You'll be fine on the WASR, Century leaves the fine Romanian wood in place for all to admire.

Swapping the "crappy poly furniture" on the Century AK74 may require some more questions. Is it Tapco furniture (first thing that came to mind)? Original Bulgarian poly military furniture (if it's this, it's not crappy - maybe just not to your tastes)?
    Thanks! The WASR scenario is GTG! With the Century AK 74, I don't actually have the rifle yet, I've been told that it's Tapco. I dig Bulgy polymer, and it ain't Bulgy.

I read somewhere that the CAI AK 74's have the following US parts:

Tapco buttstock (1)
    " PG (1)
    HG's (1)
    Tapco FCG (3)
    Receiver (1)
    Barrel (1)

Total = 8 US parts

Foregin Made parts are:

BCG
    Dust Cover
    Muzzle Brake
    Gas Tube
    Trunnions
    Selector

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Foregin Made parts are:
    BCG
    Dust Cover
    Muzzle Brake
    Gas Tube
    Trunnions
    Selector
    Dust Cover, Gas Tube, Rear Trunnion and Selector may be foreign made parts, but they are not "countable" parts. They don't matter towards compliance. There are 20 parts which may be counted; the stamped AK has 16 of them.

Handy Dandy compliance calculator: Gunwiki: 922(r) Worksheet for AK-47 Builds

Feedback Score

Basically if you have a legal rifle and you swap imported parts for imported parts, you should be fine.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by zoom6zoom View Post
    Dust Cover, Gas Tube, Rear Trunnion and Selector may be foreign made parts, but they are not "countable" parts. They don't matter towards compliance. There are 20 parts which may be counted; the stamped AK has 16 of them.

Handy Dandy compliance calculator: Gunwiki: 922(r) Worksheet for AK-47 Builds

Cool. Thank you.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.