Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: legal or ilegal?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beerthirty View Post
    Are you some kind of a stalker or something?
    No, I just happen to be active on a lot of the boards he's posted on.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nalioth View Post
    No, I just happen to be active on a lot of the boards he's posted on.
    and i am active to help stop people who are posting and trying to get
    us even more under the all seeing eye of the gooberment because they advertise what in effect is ilegal

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

The last thing home gun builders need is more scrutiny. Selling home made guns on home made recivers for a obvious profit is likely ileagle in several ways. And then there is the libiality if things go wrong. Its a very very bad idea. IMOO stear clear of it.

you have no idea were or when it was built or by who. It cant be transfered by a FFL and it cant be transfered face to face in many states. Who would really want it??? not to mention a hmoe made reciver even if it was transferable iwould be worth about $20 even if was fully heat treated, engraved and had perfect rivets.

all these guns will eventualy finfd there way into other hands when we die or become to old to safely have them. At some point the hundred of thousands of guns home built in the last 10 years will need to find new homes or be destroyed. IMOO its just a matter of time before the ATF makes new rules concerning this and you can bet it wont be pretty. I really wish home building was not so mainstream and that the internet didnt make it so easy for assemblers. Id still be building AKs for $50 if the net had not come to be. :I

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    The last thing home gun builders need is more scrutiny. Selling home made guns on home made recivers for a obvious profit is likely ileagle in several ways. And then there is the libiality if things go wrong. Its a very very bad idea. IMOO stear clear of it.

you have no idea were or when it was built or by who. It cant be transfered by a FFL and it cant be transfered face to face in many states. Who would really want it??? not to mention a hmoe made reciver even if it was transferable iwould be worth about $20 even if was fully heat treated, engraved and had perfect rivets.

all these guns will eventualy finfd there way into other hands when we die or become to old to safely have them. At some point the hundred of thousands of guns home built in the last 10 years will need to find new homes or be destroyed. IMOO its just a matter of time before the ATF makes new rules concerning this and you can bet it wont be pretty. I really wish home building was not so mainstream and that the internet didnt make it so easy for assemblers. Id still be building AKs for $50 if the net had not come to be. :I
    All it takes is a couple of morons to ruin things for everyone.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Or, you could go the way of Chief Thunder. It took a long time for him to gain the ire of the BATF, but gain it he did. Is he out of the pen yet? (Not saying bad about him, he WAS the source of some pretty cool, legal AK stuff and if you believe the rumors he was set up to take a fall for his partners mistake).
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

who is chief thunder?did a quick search and looks like he is regarded as an ak god.Anybody here got some info?I would be glad if he's still in the game.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by swamprat9 View Post
    who is chief thunder?did a quick search and looks like he is regarded as an ak god.Anybody here got some info?I would be glad if he's still in the game.
    You stopped your search before you got to the part where the Chief is in the pen for a while. . .

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

AS I recall, he was involved with the importation of a number of rare machine guns in what may have been by fraud. That is to say, he used a CLEO to sign documents that they would be used either in law enforcement or as sales samples for same.

If memory serves correctly, it may have been quite a bit more weapons then would have been reasonable for such a purpose, or, the weapons imported when not suitable for any law enforcement purpose and where imported for personal use in attempt to circumvent the law. In addition to him, the CLEO was also charged, but I believe made a deal to proved evidence in the case in exchange for a reduced or suspended sentence.

As I remember, “the chief” was very unrepentant, and felt he did nothing wrong. He made a statement prior to his incarceration something to the like “I will win if I die free of them". I believe he study native American anthropology, hence the nick name. He was an interesting person to say the least.
    Nemo ME Impune Lacessit
    Manus sapiens potens est
    пиштоли не убиваат луѓе, тие само го прават тоа полесно

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nalioth View Post
    You stopped your search before you got to the part where the Chief is in the pen for a while. . .
    everything I read said he was supposed to get out at the end of 07 which was three years ago.Hes got a bunch of followers that say he did nothing wrong and was set-up but thats pretty typical.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

everything I read said he was supposed to get out at the end of 07 which was three years ago.Hes got a bunch of followers that say he did nothing wrong and was set-up but thats pretty typical.
    He did get out as I recall. I remember ads from him for some items for sale after he got out. People said they got the items they ordered. I was going to order, but he sold out of the items I wanted before I could order. The ads were all on the old gunsnet forums and I think he also had a few ads on the ak forum at arfcom.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.