Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: how to get class 3 lic. and build parts kit back to f/a or is that a no-no?

Feedback Score

Default how to get class 3 lic. and build parts kit back to f/a or is that a no-no?

i have been slowly building a semi- auto pps 43 but dont have lathe or mill and by the time i pay a gunsmith todo it i might say cost wise i could get a lic. and make it f/a or am i wrong.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

You are wrong. All MGs were banned in 1986, with the only exception made for those that had already been legally registered prior to that date. Made after 86, no way a civillian can own one.

Now, manufacturers can still make them, but can only sell to the government or law enforcement, or a licensed dealer. Dealers can get a single sample copy for demo purposes only, and need a letter from an LE agency requesting that demo. Dealers and manufacturers must have the appropriate FFL and pay an additiional "Special Occupational Tax" every year to handle NFA firearms like MGs. Currently the tax is $500 or $1000 per year based on sales volume. Let the FFL or tax lapse, they have to dispose of any post 86 MGs in stock. Manufacturers can of course make as many MGs as they want to, but be aware ATF makes sure you have an actual manufacturing facility that meets all local regs regarding zoning, OSHA rules, hazardous waste disposal, etc. IOW, a big expensive process that is not worth it unless you really are going into business to sell NFA firearms.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

you can buy a semi pistol for about $350.00 from IO, they are made at radom in poland. then spend $200.00 and sbr it. it will be a semi but a lot cheaper and better than you can build without tools.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

you can buy a semi pistol for about $350.00 from IO
    I think they are $400 now, it's still a good price.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

thanks guys. so ur saying u cant legally have a lince or own any type f/a because i watched the son of guns and a young man had rebuilt a mg42 i think and it was f/a but i dont know his licence he had.

Feedback Score

i think it was f/a wasnt it?

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

it was a semi.

Feedback Score

thanks piraye i could have swore it was f/a. i must have been a 6 pax shi

Feedback Score

its early excuse the piss poor typing

Feedback Score

ok now that is settled ill get back to the semi build but does that mean a m16 or anything else is off limit and no way to get the licence for them anymore right? if it is they took all the fun out of it but i still enjoy shooting semi s.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.