Thread: How legal do I get...

Feedback Score

Default How legal do I get...

With thing like they are, I'm tempted and capable of attaining my FFL, CHL and other legal documents for my hobby/obsession.

My question is: If things change, won't those permits just put me on the list of people for "Mr O" to visit and carry everything away?

One could conclude that with or without papers, it can all lead to the same ending.

What's a guy to do....?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Ever bought a gun on a 4473? Purchased ammo with a credit card? Posted on a gun forum? Buddy, you're already on the lists!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

a couple of my buddies are FFLs.

the BATF is sort of "hassling" the little guy/hobby FFLs out of the market.

the BATF's "vision for the future" is you will only be able to buy a firearm or receiver from some big chain store that can afford a dozen lawyer types and accountants to keep up with the red-tape.

what do you think all the fast and furious/ gunrunner BS was really all about?

the BATF is trying to make the mom & pop FFLs look like a criminal type just so the big guys can have ALL the market.

i just wonder which big guy is greasing their skids??? "wally-mart" comes to mind.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

From ATFs point of view, the smaller dealers are "the problem". They tend to be second amendment supporters, where WallyWorld and the like sell mainly hunting type guns. Ban AWs again, Wally won't even have a neutered AR15 in the rack and won't raise a stink.

The smaller dealers are also more numerous, ATF's job would be a lot easier if they had 2 agents for every FFL like the dept. of ag has 12 employees for every farmer in the US. Way back in the early 90s, there was something like 130K+ FFLs in the USA, the vast majority little gunshops or hobby business' run out of garages and such, the infamous "kitchen table dealers". Some had never seen a compliance inspection, others were only getting them every 5-10 years. The word came down from on high and now all of a sudden every dealer was getting a visit. "Nice garage ya got here, too bad you're not zoned properly. No ADA compliant restroom? Where is your sprinkler system? Oh my God, you forgot to put the zip code on 2 of your 4473s from 1978! Ya know we could make a federal case outta this, call in Fire Marshall Bill, etc. Or you could just turn in your FFL and we make all this go away...." They also raised the license fee from $35 to $300. Within a few years, there were less than 40K FFLs. They would be happier with less than a thousand.
    Last edited by kernelkrink; 03-09-2012 at 10:28 AM.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

the ATF sounds like a bully xD

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by kernelkrink View Post
    Ever bought a gun on a 4473? Purchased ammo with a credit card? Posted on a gun forum? Buddy, you're already on the lists!
    That Col Krink guy knows what he talking about!

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.