February 12, 2013

Dear Mr. XXXXXXXXXX:
In response to the tragic events that occurred in Newtown, Conn., Congress and the White House are currently considering ways to reduce gun violence in America. I strongly believe that we must find a way to reduce gun violence without infringing on the rights of honest Americans who abide by the law and own guns. My record on protecting citizens' Second Amendment rights is strong, as I voted in opposition to the 2004 assault weapons ban and in favor of restoring Second Amendment rights in the District of Columbia, among other relevant votes.
As a centrist United States Senator, I do not decide my vote based on party line, or based on what party is in the White House. There are no simple solutions to this extremely complicated issue and I fully recognize that there are legitimate concerns on all sides. Please be assured that I will carefully review any and all related legislative measures with the will of the people of Louisiana in mind.
As your Senator, I rely heavily on the comments and concerns of my constituents when acting out my duties in Congress, and I appreciate your taking the time to contact me. I hope you will continue to contact me regarding matters of mutual concern. Please feel free to visit my website at Mary Landrieu | U.S. Senator for Louisiana for additional information on my legislative priorities.
With warm regards, I am

Sincerely,
Mary Landrieu
United States Senator
P.S. For a recap of my week in Louisiana and Washington, D.C., be sure to sign up for my weekly eNewsletter by visiting Technical difficulties.. And for my latest updates, like my Facebook page and follow me on Twitter.
MLL:ah