Thread: My Letter From Obama

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Default My Letter From Obama

I figured I would share this. What a piece of work...

Dear Friend:

Thank you for taking the time to write. I have heard from many Americans regarding firearms policy and gun violence in our Nation, and I appreciate your perspective. From Aurora to Newtown to the streets of Chicago, we have seen the devastating effects gun violence has on our American family. I join countless others in grieving for all those whose lives have been taken too soon by gun violence.

Like the majority of Americans, I believe the Second Amendment guarantees an individual right to bear arms. In this country, we have a strong tradition of gun ownership that has been handed down from generation to generation. Hunting and sport shooting are part of our national heritage. Yet, even as we acknowledge that almost all gun owners in America are responsible, when we look at the devastation caused by gun violence—whether in high-profile tragedies or the daily heartbreak that plagues our cities—we must ask ourselves whether we are doing enough.

While reducing gun violence is a complicated challenge, protecting our children from harm should not be a divisive one. Most gun owners agree that we can respect the Second Amendment while keeping an irresponsible, law-breaking few from inflicting harm on a massive scale. Most also agree that if we took commonsense steps to curtail gun violence, there would be fewer atrocities like the one that occurred in Newtown. We will not be able to stop every violent act, but if there is even one thing we can do to reduce gun violence—if even one life can be saved—then we have an obligation to try.

That is why I asked Vice President Joe Biden to identify concrete steps we can take to keep our children safe, help prevent mass shootings, and reduce the broader epidemic of gun violence in this country. He met with over 200 groups representing a broad cross-section of Americans and heard their best ideas. I have put forward a specific set of proposals based off of his efforts, and in the days ahead, I intend to use whatever weight this office holds to make them a reality.

My plan gives law enforcement, schools, mental health professionals, and the public health community some of the tools they need to help reduce gun violence. These tools include strengthening the background check system, helping schools hire more resource officers and counselors and develop emergency preparedness plans, and ensuring mental health professionals know their options for reporting threats of violence. And I directed the Centers for Disease Control to study the best ways to reduce gun violence—because it is critical that we understand the science behind this public health crisis.

As important as these steps are, they are not a substitute for action from Congress. To make a real and lasting difference, members of Congress must also act. As part of my comprehensive plan, I have called on them to pass some specific proposals right away. First, it is time to require a universal background check for anyone trying to buy a gun. Second, Congress should renew the 10-round limit on magazines and reinstate and strengthen the assault weapons ban. We should get tougher on those who buy guns with the purpose of selling them to criminals, and we should impose serious punishments on anyone who helps them do this.

These are reasonable, commonsense measures that have the support of the majority of the American people. But change will not come unless the American people demand it from their lawmakers. Now is the time to do the right thing for our children, our communities, and the country we love. We owe the victims of heartbreaking national tragedies and the countless unheralded tragedies each year nothing less than our best effort—to seek consensus in order to save lives and ensure a brighter future for our children.

Thank you, again, for writing. I encourage you to visit www.WhiteHouse.gov/NowIsTheTime to learn more about my Administration’s approach.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama

[FONT='Georgia','serif']This Week at the White House
    [/FONT]
    [FONT='Georgia','serif']Stay Connected
    [/FONT]

Facebook Twitter YouTube Flickr iTunes
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Nice letter, I could have written the same response in 6 sentences.

Dear Sir;

Thank you for expressing your views on gun control.
    If you don't agree with my position on gun control, you hate children and are stupid.
    I am the supreme leader and I'm gonna do what I want and if the people don't like it, they are stupid also.
    I must and will by any means necessary save the people from their stupidity, even if I have to sacrifice thier rights in the process.
    It's good to be King.

Insincerely,

BHO

Shooter

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Well, at least you read it all....I barfed at the second paragraph....
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

HELL I barfed at the "Dear Friend" part,,,

Now,,,,,,,,, your on the radar bellson,,,, and just like the soup Nazi,,, "they'll be no more soup for you" !!!

I can relate to getting these form letters. As most of you know I've been burning up the puter writing to my reps too,and everyone else's, I'm getting same old shit for the most part too. Some lawyer written form letter,,,,B.S.

All I've got to say is ,,, they better start listening soon, or not only will they be on the street, voted out,,,or some over the top ,, fed up,, red neck nut job,, will just take them out,,, Lord Knows there is plenty of Mal-adjusted nut jobs out there now days so you wouldn't have to look far to find someone just that crazy.

I don't think this would be just on the national level either,,,I hear some pretty viscous talk from time to time at the corner store. Some of these politicians just better realize people are just about fed up and that the breaking point will come soon!! All these libs in general better take note too,,,

This is something that happened to me last week,,, I saw some asshole libs,, 1 guy and two girls??,,, giving a guy about my age a hard time coming out of wally world that had just bought a shotgun there.

The little puke and a couple of his hairy arm pit girl friends were harassing the hell out of this guy and after they blocked his path and got in his face for the 3rd time,, the guy just decked that guy,,,,,YEA!!!!! LMAO!!!

Of course being the dumb ass I am,,, I got involved when the other two hairy leg girls jumped on him. Long story short,,the 3 libs were arrested for assault and something else, not sure of the charges,,, but they took them away to the lock up in cuffs at any rate. I ended up being at the local PD for half the day over this making witness statements,, of course it was a bit tense at the start after I informed the local officers I was caring a condition 1 ,,45 auto,,, they were pretty cool for the most part,, but just surprised I was armed. Of course the state boys got involved sense they were close at hand. Strangely enough, one of the VSP officers was the same one that responded to the gun theft incident that happened to me last year,, to ironic. He is an outstanding officer,but it took him a second to remember whom I was till I said Hi, but things calmed down,, towards me,, after he did and I informed him I was armed,,,he gave the local boys the heads up. The local PD guys were a bit tense and had the thumb breaks off,,,,,, but they kinda figured out what had happened pretty quick. I gather the lib crew was known to the PD and they had caused issues protesting,,, everything,,,, and causing trouble before in that area. I guess there the local, resident,, agitators , seems they just bit off more than they could chew this time,,, No I didn't display,, just pulled the 2 women off this guy. One was on his back,, like getting a "piggy back ride" the other was slapping him. That's when I got involved.

Funny part,,, the guy that got assaulted is an X airborne guy too,, 82nd,,, I was 101st. I guess we still stick together weather we knew it at first or not!! funny shit !!! I think I got a new shooting buddy now, he seems like a good guy. We had plenty of time to talk while waiting to fill out forms.

Many people are just plain getting fed up with all this nonsense that's going on and it's just a matter of time before something else happens,,, making things worse for us,, if that's not the plan to start with on the lib side. Hell they'll sacrifice one Tobie for the ultimate goal,, have no doubt about it,,,,,

Anything to cause a big sensation!!!

Now I got something else to fuck around with,, that will waste my time. I'll probably end up having to testify for this guy. If I do,, and I'm sure I'll have to,,I may have the libs charged , they did after all assault me too in the course of this confrontation,,,,,I'll see what happens on there end, PD says I'm good to go and no problem on my part,, but you know how the courts can be!! The local DA is a lib too,,,, and we had issues over the inaction on bringing charges on his part over the gun theft issue I'd had,,,,gezzzzzz,,,,,,there everywhere!!!!!

More news at 11, I should know more details by next week, I'd think.

Feedback Score

Default how did we get here??

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Blah blah blah....I thought about writing to the President about gun control but why bother. They have their agenda... logic, facts and reasoning will never change their agenda to disarm America.

Thanks for sharing. I barfed at "dear friend"
    "Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway." - The Duke

Feedback Score

I can't help but feel like he just printed a speech and sent it to you...
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Abukai08 View Post
    I can't help but feel like he just printed a speech and sent it to you...

its a standard letter--obummers crew of gay interns probably send them out to everybody that writes in. it is doubtful they even read incoming mail.

Feedback Score

Wish they would stop going down this path.
    Last edited by Will Wayde; 04-03-2013 at 08:43 AM. Reason: feel more comfortable

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.