Thread: How can we avoid school slaughters?

Feedback Score

Default How can we avoid school slaughters?

I wrote this the day of the Newtown school slaughters. But, I believe that what I wrote then is still appropriate.

Today is December 14, 2012. Today we had one of the worst tragedies in the history of America. A senseless slaughter of 20 or more children and up to 8 of their teachers occurred at Sandy Hook school in Newtown, Connecticut. This is the latest in a number of these types of events. It seems that if a gunman gets into a school, he has a free hand to do anything he wants. America’s schools are called “Gun Free Zones.” It is against the law to have a firearm in America’s public schools. This means that there is NO ONE who can protect our most precious possessions once they step on school property. But, such laws don’t seem to deter the killers!
    I grieve with the parents who suffered these losses. After all, I have 6 children-all of whom are now adults-plus 16 grandchildren and 4 great-grandchildren, and a number of them attend school. I would suffer immensely if anything bad happened to any one of them. But, I would NEVER support any form of GUN CONTROL! The Second Amendment is a GOD-given Right that no man can take away. The founders called these Rights “INALIENABLE.” And, for those who don’t know, the word inalienable is defined as “cannot be TAKEN or GIVEN away.”
    So, what can we do to avoid these types of crimes? Ban guns? No, that will never work in America. Today there are 80 million gun owners with 300 million guns. I have heard that Americans possess 50 percent of all the guns in the world! And, the vast majority of these gun owners are law abiding citizens. They would never misuse any of their guns. We gun owners do not believe that guns cause crime any more than spoons and forks cause obesity.
    I believe that we should emulate Israel. Israel is a tiny nation of around 4 million people who are surrounded by a billion people who want to exterminate every one of them! In the past they have suffered many atrocities at the hands of “Suicide Bombers” and gunmen who try to kill as many Israelis as possible. These murderers have infiltrated schools, pizza parlors and metro busses and did their dirty work. So, Israel has had to devise a way to protect everybody from this vermin who want to kill every Israeli man, woman and child. Those killers are dedicated to-first, the destruction of Israel-and-second, the destruction of the United States!
    Every Israeli is a soldier. They are assigned a weapon-with which they are well trained-that they keep with them at all times. A cab driver probably has it in the trunk of his car, a bartender behind the bar, and a school teacher has it somewhere in her class room-maybe her desk. If an attack occurs, they are ready for action in a minute. They can usually make short work of invading killers. So it is, that, lately you haven’t been hearing of many slaughters by those who want to annihilate Israelis. The Israelis are PREPARED!
    But, as I said, in America schools are called “Gun Free Zones.” No guns are allowed. So, if a killer takes a gun and, with evil intentions, enters a school, he can proceed at his heart’s content. He has nothing to fear from the school’s staff. They cannot have weapons. So, if they can get to a phone, they can call the police. But, by the time the police arrive the killer probably has time to kill as many as 20 children and 8 adults! We have nobody protecting our children once they enter the schools; our most precious possessions are at the mercy of any thug that gets into the school!
    A couple of years ago, a local teacher obtained a concealed carry permit (CCW). She asked her school administration for permission to carry it at school. They refused. So, she went to court. But, the judge said “NO.” And, today there is no one at any of the local schools to protect our children.
    I believe that a number of school personnel (teachers and other staff members) should be trained in shooting and issued firearms to carry each day as they do their jobs. They should have to take periodic training just like policemen. Obviously, you could not expect everybody to carry a gun. But, if you armed some people and did not tell the public who had the guns, anybody who wanted to attack the school would know that he might get involved in a gun fight if he entered the school intending to do harm. The way it is today, our children are just ducks on the pond for the killers who attack our schools. They are helpless and have zero protection. And, as long as schools are “Gun Free Zones,” you can expect to see more of these horrible acts of violence against our helpless and vulnerable children.
    Although Americans have had guns ever since the first Europeans came to this continent, these mass shootings are a recent phenomenom. Why now? When I attended school we never had to worry that someone might do something like this. Kids routinely carried guns to school at that time. The schools were NOT Gun Free Zones. There was no need! But now, what has happened to America? Why all this violence? Why all the gangs? Why all the hatred? What is happening to American culture? Why is unrighteousness so prevalent in this country? Where are our morals? Since I became an adult, America has taken a hard turn away from goodness. Our country teems with evil. Did you hear the participants at the Democratic Convention last summer? They BOOED GOD! And, if you turn from God, can you expect his blessing to remain? We seem to be a cursed nation. What is our future?

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Home school & shut down the indoctrination centers
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score

I am a great fan of home schooling. However, my youngest son is now 35. So, I don't have the situation anymore. But, both of my younger sons are homeschooling their children-strictly because of the so-called "gun free zone" in schools.
    I would think that anybody who works in a school, who has been checked out by the authorities and deemed competent to carry a concealed weapon, should be able to carry it in schools. There is no need to advertise who is carrying. Just allow those-who have been approved to carry-to decide whether or not they want to do so.

Feedback Score

If I had school age children, I would keep them home and teach them. I would much rather have a few approved people carrying guns in the school for the protection of teachers and students. I would never fear law abiding gun owners. I only fear the wackos that do not pay any attention to anti-gun signs and who want to do harm to others.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.