Gunco Forums banner

why aren't pellet guns illegal

5K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Sprat 
#1 ·
why aren't pellet guns illegal

#2 ·
Quote:The Austrian Army used air guns against Napoleon in the late 1700's. Though Napoleon was ultimately victorious, the silent killers demoralized his troops and became so feared that any enemy soldier captured with an air gun was executed as an assassin.

The Chinese still make 9mm and 45cal air rifles for hunting.
Some one will get killed with one and they will wet ther pants and want more laws to control them.

#3 ·

The Girandoni air rifle was an important first. It was the first repeating rifle of any kind to see military service. It was one of the first uses of a tubular magazine. And, although it saw service for only 35 years, it predated and was more advanced in design and mechanical technology than the Henry rifle which arrived fifty years later.

The Lewis and Clark Expedition used the rifle in the demonstrations that they performed for nearly every Native American tribe they encountered on the expedition

#4 ·
Why are they legal? I don't really know, but, I think that the freedom haters are more concerned about rifles, shotguns and handguns. When they finally do outlaw all firarms, then they will come after airguns, muzzle loaders, kitchen knives, baseball bats and every other item that they fear you could use to defend your self. Freedom haters are our worst enemies and they do not intend for us to have anything with which we might be able to hurt them.

#6 ·
They are not a Firearm, If you make them illegal you need to also make splatball and airsoft. Then "they " will look bad against the general population for making illegal items that 95% are not "lethal" It would be a career ending move on someones part.

#9 ·
Airguns aren't silent, but the advantage a sniper had in the days of Napoleon was they wouldn't discharge a big cloud of smoke from burnt black powder; thus giving away ones position.

How could they be made illegal? Every firehouse has a compressor that could charge one.

#11 ·
I now have a Benjamin Discovery PCP .22 air rifle that I pump to 2000 psi. I discharge 14.3 grain Crosman pellets at 850 fps. I can now drop English starlings at ranges out to 70 yards. Rifle and hand pump set me back $380 Obama bucks. Arrived July 1st, 2014. I have many feathers on my lodgepole. It has a TKO muzzle break for noise control.

#13 ·
IN NJ you need a Firearms Id to buy one and if you are caught with one in public, you will be charged as if it where a regular firearm, that goes for paintball guns also. If you use a airsoft or plastic replica firearm in the commission of a crime in NJ, its the same time than as if you used a regular firearm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.